[MineCraft] 有關開課金 Server 的壞消息 , 官方EULA 禁止課金化SMP

本帖最後由 dom 於 2014-6-20 01:12 編輯

https://mojang.com/
最近官網更新了 EULA 關於 MineCraft 授權
特別是影響 SMP 多人服務器有關 內容

節錄如下

1. Are any servers exempt to the EULA?
No. It affects all servers and players equally.

(Server host)可否 可以排除在 EULA 權限外嗎?
- 沒有, 所有server 和玩家都一樣對待

Do server hosts have a grace period to implement changes to their servers?
Yes. All servers must comply with the EULA by August 1st, 2014.
開服的 Server 對於有關條款改動, 有寬限期嗎
- 有, 直至 2014年八月一日, 繼續開服的必須遵守 EULA

Can I charge for access to my server?
Yes. How players join a server is up to you. Single entrance fees or subscriptions are both allowed.
(Server Host) 我可以作收費才給玩家進來玩嗎?
- 可以, ,可以以一次性收費 或者 月費

How often am I allowed to charge players to access my server?
You can charge players as regularly as you like. You can even charge for timed access if you think it’s the best way to monetise your server.
(Server host) 我可以自行加密收費頻率才能讓玩家進我的 MineCraft Server ?
- 可以 , 隨意的, 你還可以設定為限時來增加收入

What counts as a server? Are proxies one big server, or lots of smaller ones?
A server is something a user connects to with their client. The user is on a different server when they leave one and manually join another (in the multiplayer screen). Virtual servers and proxies make no difference; to the client it’s the same server.

怎麼計算當是一個MineCraft 服? 如果我用 Proxy/開多個小型Server 連在一起呢?
- 只計玩家 手動選擇連線 Server / 斷線離開 , 在該 server 內用 Proxy 還是當同一server

Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.
請問可否限制玩家到server 地圖內某些地區 (例如, 限制必須要收費, 例如VIP 限定的區域)
或者 限制 必須花錢 (指現實$$$) 才能玩某些 Minigame ?

- 不可以, 只能 在 "連線" 收費, 當玩家登入到你的 Server 後 , 所有玩家必須有均等遊玩權利 (?!)
你可以開 "VIP" 專用Server 只給 "VIP" 連線, 但不可以 跨服提供

So can I charge for my minigames or mods?
Yes, so long as all players on your server have access to the features.

這代表我可以為我(Server) 的小遊戲(副本?) 或者mod收費嗎?
- 可以 , 只要所有玩家都有權用到/玩 (?? 唔明, 即係唔比錢買 VIP 都要比 VIP access only 既玩? )

Can I offer a limited trial period for all users?
Yes. So long as both trial and paying users have access to the same gameplay features during the trial, we’re cool with it.
我可以提供一個試用期給所有玩家嗎?
- 可以, 只要試用期 玩家的 遊玩權限 和 付費的玩家一樣 是沒有問題的 ( 咁試玩完唔比錢開分身又點計? )

Can I give paying users priority access to my server?
Yes, but you cannot restrict gameplay elements to specific users.
我可以給付費玩家有優先連線權嗎?
- 可以, 不過你不可以限非付費玩家 的遊玩權 ( R 頭??)

What do you mean by “hard currency” compared to “soft currency”?
Hard currency is real money or anything that can be converted into real money, including Bitcoins. Soft currency is available in-game only, and has no real-world value. The restrictions in the EULA only apply to hard currency; you may unlock things in-game with soft currency.

# 唔係好明...大慨意譯係  , EULA 限制唔可以用現實錢 去買某些遊戲內既 Unlock ( 道具/mod / 權限 (例如 fly on)

Can I sell “kits” for hard currency if I provide a balanced alternative for non-paying users?

If the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency.

(Server host) 我可以賣 kit ( 類似既 應該係指 VIP pack 之類吧!)  同時提供 非付費玩家用遊戲內機制 賺取 遊戲內的虛疑貨幣 去換取 , 這個可以嗎?
- 如果不影響遊戲可玩性 ( fly on / creative mode 肯定有影響了) , 只限裝飾類就可以

My server features a currency that you can earn through gameplay, but which can also be bought for hard currency. Is that OK?

Soft currencies that are earned in-game are fine, but you cannot sell in-game currency for hard currency. Hybrid/dual currency systems are not allowed.
(Server host) 我的 server 有自家遊戲貨幣系統的, 可以用遊戲內機制賺虛疑幣,  但玩家可以用現金購買虛疑幣 可以嗎?

- 你可以採用遊戲內虛疑貨幣系統 , 但不可以售賣虛疑貨幣 (即係無得課金了!) 混合式課金亦不可以

Can I sell boosters, which provide faster gold gain, XP, or other in-game resources for hard currency?

No – boosters, item generators, and all other features that affect gameplay are not allowed.

(Server host) 我可以賣 加速器嗎 (例如 賺錢速度加快/掘擴快d/賺XP 快d lv up )
- 不可以, 任何影響遊戲平衡性的 都不可以課金

Can I sell ranks on my server?
Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

(Server host) 我可以賣 Rank/ VIP 系統嗎?
- 可以, 只限裝飾上分別 , 名字顏色之類...

If all players get access to a feature such as a plot of land, can I sell access to multiple plots for hard currency?

No – that would be a gameplay affecting change, so it’s not allowed. All player who access your server must have the same gameplay features offered to them. The same rule applies to items, such as potions.

如果所有玩家 都可以去到地圖上某地, 我可以賣部份地的用地權 嗎? (大慨是指部份server 有用地權要課金/比錢買之類)

不可以,  所有玩家都應該有同一權限

Can I charge for access to server commands?

Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency.

(Server host) 我可以收費給玩家用 Server command 嗎?

可以 , 只要是裝飾用途 , Server command 影響遊戲可玩性例如 飛行 (Fly on) 不可以賣錢

有點唔明 Mojang 點解突然改動 EULA 了.....

其實早幾日之前 Mojang 官方都貼了有關 採用 MineCraft 開服營利既討論

Let’s talk server monetisation!

by Owen on June 12, 2014
Hello!

Let’s get one thing clear: we love it when Minecrafters host servers. Tiny or massive, running vanilla or modded Minecraft, we think they’re all great. Playing with friends in persistent worlds is awesome. Everyone knows that.

Over the past week there’s been lots of discussion about Minecraft servers and your right to monetise them. Legally, you are not allowed to make money from our products.

There has been one exception to this rule so far – Minecraft videos.

We’re about to make a second exception – Minecraft servers.

(基本係指法律上你唔可以經開 MineCraft 服黎賺錢 , 拍 MineCraft Video 係例外)

Hosting servers can be expensive. We want to give hosts a way to cover their costs. That said, we don’t want our players to be exploited or to have a frustrating time unless they pay. The following rules, which may be tweaked at a later date, have been created with these points in mind.

(開服營運很貴的, 但以 Mojang 立場上想所有玩家都均等 唔需要課金就有一樣既 遊玩性)

You are allowed to charge players to access your server
( 開服者可以向 連線來server 玩既玩家收費)

So long as the fee is the same for all players, you are allowed to charge for access to your server.  
(只要費用是對所有玩家都是一樣)

You are not allowed to split your playerbase into paying, and non-paying users, nor can you restrict gameplay elements to different tiers of player.
( 你不可以因為非付費玩家/付費玩家 而分隔開兩者, 亦不可以 因付費/非付費 玩家 以作出 限制 )

Basically, if you’re charging for access to your server, you are selling a “ticket” and there can only be one type of ticket, regardless of how much people are willing to spend.

You are allowed to accept donations
( Server host 可以接受捐款 )
You are allowed to accept donations from players. You can thank them publicly or in-game, but can’t give preferential treatment for donating.
( 你可以接受玩家捐款, 但不可以因為捐款而有特別對待!)

You are not allowed to restrict gameplay features in an attempt to make money.
* ( Server host 不可以因為不付費而奄割遊戲可玩性 )

You are allowed to provide in-game advertising or sponsorship opportunities
You are allowed to put adverts in your Minecraft worlds to help with costs. Used within reason, adverts and sponsorship can be appropriate ways to fund a server.
( 你可以在Server 內合情理範圍內賣廣告爭取玩家捐款 )

You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay
We don’t mind you selling items in game, but they must be purely cosmetic. Pets, hats, and particle effects are OK, but swords, invincibility potions, and man-eating pigs are not. We want all players to be presented with the same gameplay features, whether they decide to pay or not.
( 你可以 賣裝飾用品 賺真錢, 但不可以影響遊戲平衡的道具/無敵 potion/吃人豬之類)

There is one exception to this rule – capes! We have a lot of fun making cool capes for extra-special members of our community and Minecon attendees. We’d like to keep them as exclusive as possible. So, yeah, no capes please, even if you’re giving them away for free.

( 不可以賣斗篷 , 因為是 Mojang 特殊用)

You cannot charge real-world cash for in-game currency
We don’t mind in-game currencies which are earned through playing, but you are not allowed to sell them for real-world cash. Remember – if the stuff you sell affects gameplay, we’re not cool with it.

(Server 主不可以賣虛疑遊戲幣 賺錢 )

Don’t pretend to be us. Provide your customers with loads of info
If you do decide to monetise your server, you must clearly state that the purchase is not associated with Mojang, declare who the money is going to, and provide a purchase history and contact details. You should also check the legality of selling digital items in your specific region.

Thanks for reading!

As I hope you’ve noticed, these rules are making attempts to prevent Minecraft servers becoming “pay-to-win.” We hate the idea of server hosts restricting Minecraft’s features to players who have already bought our game! It seems really mean.

主因是 MineCraft Server "課金化” 問題,Mojang 覺得買完隻game 重要花真錢買原有 feature 非常唔公道 (下 )

We’re hoping that these rules will give hosts opportunity to continue creating awesome Minecraft worlds, and for our players to enjoy them without being forced to spend.

(咁其實玩單機都得啦.....)
I’m sure we’ll get loads of questions about this subject over the next few days. I’ll prepare a follow-up post once I’ve gathered your queries.

Have a good day!

佢可能覺得所有玩家不能得到相同user experience會影響玩家對mine craft既熱情度吧。。

http://sterlingplays.com/
大型  SMP Server 發公開信給 Notch 表達有關 EULA 改動 係損害 Community  
講真 , host server 淨依賴 Donation 根本維唔到皮...

本帖最後由 dom 於 2014-6-18 23:48 編輯
佢可能覺得所有玩家不能得到相同user experience會影響玩家對mine craft既熱情度吧。。 ...
idiotricky 發表於 18-6-2014 01:46 PM

講真 如果玩 Vanilla Single player 好快唔知玩乜.....
之前我開服 , 玩 Vanilla SMP  一樣好快玩到無咩野好玩
鐵路要起自己起完無人用 , 有朋友玩紅石 玩播音樂, 玩兩玩 都係無癮...

反而有興趣玩既 就係 Multiplayer server 有人玩, 起d 建築物/一齊玩先過癮
唔計 課唔課金
我都有玩 PlayMindcrack server , 人地整d mini game (DvZ)
不時更新又錄音 整 Resource pack for server 玩得過癮又爽呢

問題係 連PlayMindcrack 佢地唔算少人識, 只依賴 Parton ( 即係 Donation 之類 )係維唔到皮...
佢地只係host 兩個 Server IP

US 同 歐洲playmindcrack , 但係可容納 大慨 1000~1200 人係入面 sub-server 玩 Mini game

睇埋 MCHK 個邊討論
見到只係笑唔少服 GG .....

留意 呢part 係不會影響玩家 / 單機玩家

domdom , long time no see

domdom , long time no see
hkbaby 發表於 22-6-2014 12:17 PM

無開服了