Kaveri AMD APUs have major changes

本帖最後由 hioohi 於 2012-5-22 16:44 編輯

apu future third generation known for its code name Kaveri will be released sometime next year, and according to amd will offer a significantly higher yield per cycle than the recently launched second-generation APUs: Trinity .

The APU Kaveri provide significant changes in relation to Trinity, which we describe below:

New micro-architecture x86 Steamroller
Steamroller will be the third modular x86 architecture from AMD, and promises a yield per cycle / watt from 15% to 20% higher than the micro-architecture Piledriver released in Trinity, also come with a new memory controller integrated DDR3-2133, plus have a PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0. Kaveri Steamroller possess up to 2 modules (4 cores of processing whole “ALUs”) and 2 floating point units Flex-FP third generation.

New architecture-based igp Graphics Core Next
Kaveri released a new architecture-based IGP Graphics Core Next released late last year with the GPU Radeon HD 7970. The IGP Kaveri will consist of two Compute Units (512 ALUs “shader processors”) with a graphic power even higher than the current Radeon HD 7750 GPU.

The IGP, as well as the IGP of the desktop version of Trinity known as Devastator code , have dedicated graphics memory GDDR5 (rumored to be Devastator GDDR3 included), which will be in the same package with its technology Silicon Interposer via TSV , and help increase the IGP graphics performance, very similar to that seen in SidePort technology released in the AMD 790GX chipset , also supports 4 output will display “Eyefinity4″.

New AMD chipsets Bolton
The new chipsets Bolton Series chipsets will replace the current Hudson present in Llano APU and Trinity, are still unknown new features, but little is known is that the APU will be interconnected by the bus UMI “Unified Media Interface” consisting of 4 lines pcie 3.0 (PCIe 2.0 in the ICU of Llano bus and Trinity).

Manufacturing process
The APU Kaveri will be made with the 28nm manufacturing process of GlobalFoundries .

Socket
Kaveri laptop in your version of 35W will continue to use the FS2 socket used in Trinity, so probably its desktop version to continue using the socket FM2.

Launch
It is estimated that the APU will make their appearance Kaveri during Q3 2013 (July to September).

http://technewspedia.com/kaveri-amd-apus-have-major-changes/
original source:http://www.donanimhaber.com/isle ... liklere-gidiyor.htm

igp製程32nm->28nm
512sp GCN +埋GDDR5,唔洗驚memory bandwidth bottleneck
igp performance應該會大好大既提升
socket可能唔轉用fm2/fs2,不過要等到下年Q3

haswell冇轉製程,唔知igp提升有幾大

本帖最後由 Ksec 於 2012-5-22 12:51 編輯

咁就真係值得期待。 TSV GDDR5 , 加 Steamroller。
不過 Haswell 都講跟 3x Performance, 現時 Ivy 大多數既情況都係得 Trinity 0.5。三倍等於 1.5。  預期  Kaveri  可以快最小一倍以上, 咁應該都仲係 Lead 住。

Haswell CPU 又係一大進步, Steamroller 個 20% 加埋都唔知道有無 Sandy / Ivy 黎。。。。

不過真係好期待。

GCN 好像是幾適合用在 HPC

自從出左件Trinity後真係冇眼睇.

回復 2# Ksec

x3 應該係兩倍

太遲先出 依家trinity未出都唔多夠頂
kaveri好多亮點 但係遲出對正haswell冇咩著數

本帖最後由 Puff 於 2012-5-22 17:55 編輯

Neither Stacked Memory nor Interposer is going to be used on Kaveri.

And I have to say GDDR5 is not a TSV thing. You need another standard for this, which is called Wide I/O. However, Wide I/O is currently targeting the mobile space, and high-performance version of Wide I/O is still in the oven.

Also, the readiness of TSV on 28nm nodes is also doubtful. As far as I know, there is no one in the market claimed that they will have mass production with TSV capabilities at the moment.

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽