[PC World] 290X As Fast As Titan X in DX12 Enabled 3DMark?

本帖最後由 Stiggy930 於 2015-3-27 11:19 編輯

AMD drivers has been holding back the GPU for ages!!! Dx 12 and Vulkan comes to rescue.

[EDIT]
After further processing the graphs, nVidia's driver seem to be as bad on draw call processing on dx 11.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT 2]
Test setup:

The test works by tasking the GPU to draw something on the screen. This instruction goes through the API, whether it is DX11, DX12, or AMD's Mantle. The less efficient the API is in handling these "draw calls" from the CPU to the GPU, the fewer objects can be drawn on the screen. 3DMark rapidly ramps up the draw calls and objects until the frame rate drops under 30 frames per second (fps).

This translate to:
R290X: 13474728 draw calls @ 30 fps
Titan X: 13419183 draw calls @ 30 fps
[/EDIT 2]

[EDIT 3]
Included Iris Pro 5200 to shown Dx 12 improvement.

Iris Pro: 2126150 draw calls @ 30 fps
[/EDIT 3]

IMPORTANT NOTE: The above figure is number of draw call processed. NOT fps, NOT 3D mark final score.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2 ... leap-is-insane.html

上個月已經用緊DX12 既NV DRIVER..佢無RELEASE出黎.
如果你用WIN10/.比佢自己UPDATE..佢會下載WIN10個NV DRIVER//@@
但唔知SUPPORT TITAN X未..
我自己用緊660@@
BTW...快D RELEASE出黎啦..

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

回覆 3# DirtyBear

暫時不知道究竟是龍是蛇. 不過, 我們也許從該地方見到, 無所不用其極.

有可能印證了"波係圓既", 昔日真的要花好多心機由零自己優化. 今日懶很多, 明日再返回最原始的地方.

本帖最後由 danny9428 於 2015-3-27 10:26 編輯

就我理解 個測試其實係測緊cpu而唔係gpu
所以點解290x 同titan X有相近結果...

下面有張係Intel iris pro內顯測試
dx11同兩張卡王都差唔多 ~600k左右
唔通290x/Titan X連iris pro都不如?

本帖最後由 Stiggy930 於 2015-3-27 11:00 編輯
就我理解 個測試其實係測緊cpu而唔係gpu
所以點解290x 同titan X有相近結果...

下面有張係Intel iris pro ...
danny9428 發表於 2015-3-27 10:23

CPU is the same, except for Iris Pro test.

This is testing the API and driver and GPU. How many draw calls they can "push" to the GPU and GPU able to process.

According to test, if you reduce the number of draw calls on each GPU, the fps will go up. So if you reduce the draw call on 290X to Titan X level, the fps of 290X should go up by 1 to 2 fps. Hence they think 290x may be faster than Titan X in dx 12 level. BUT, it may be nVidia's driver not being optimized for dx 12 yet. AMD has a head start with mantle.

[EDIT]
This is an assumption based upon the test method. Does not indicate the (final) performance and the actual outcome.
[/EDIT]

回覆 6# Stiggy930
3DMark and Microsoft point out that the new feature test is not a tool to compare GPUs but an easy way to gauge a single PC's performance and API efficiency. Don't use it to compare PC Y with PC X, nor as a GPU test: This is all about how your particular PC configuration performs when running DX11, and how that same PC configuration performs when running DX12.

回覆 6# Stiggy930

只可以咁講,係DX12之下 INTEL IRIS PRO的性價比係AMD同N記的無數倍,即係用INTEL唔駛加顯卡??????你只要用個腦想想都知個答案係咩!!!

同689講:"只要係當地法律承認的就係真普選。" 有何分別??都係歪理!!!!

回覆  Stiggy930
danny9428 發表於 2015-3-27 10:52

I have stated pretty much the same thing in my first post. This does not indicate the (final) performance of any GPUs. This is more like an experiment and should be treated as such in any situation.

However, my previous statement is a assumption based on their test methods. Their test method is to see how many draw calls each configuration can take and still give 30 fps. So if you reduce the draw calls, in theory, the GPU process less and fps goes up. I think this is a fair and logical assumption. So if you reduce the draw call of X to the level of Y, you can have a sense on the performance differences.

回覆  Stiggy930

只可以咁講,係DX12之下 INTEL IRIS PRO的性價比係AMD同N記的無數倍,即係用INTE ...
inone2 發表於 2015-3-27 10:53

I am not sure you are really replying me or Danny. But, honestly, I think most PC gamers will know the fact that Intel iGPU are not for gaming.