[AMD] AMD Fellow Phil Rogers leave for nVIDIA

http://www.anandtech.com/show/97 ... ompany-joins-nvidia

佢......有份 HSA 軟件優化 開發 .......

AMD 真係玩完。

本帖最後由 alan216hk 於 2015-10-14 11:41 編輯

O....No....大家要捱貴CPU & GPU了

AMD 真係玩完。
Ksec 發表於 2015-10-14 11:02

Oh well. People said that every year. However, if you take a look at AMD's book. Even if they continue to lose money at this rate, they can last till early 2019.

He is the lead of the HSA spec. HSA goes v.1.0 FINAL early this year and with APP SDK v.3.0 & Carrizo (first HSA 1.0 APU) out, it is very likely that he feels that he sees no more challenges in AMD. Just like Jim Keller left AMD when Zen's design has been finalized.

Oh well. People said that every year. However, if you take a look at AMD's book. Even if they cont ...
Stiggy930 發表於 2015-10-14 11:42

好多architect當project差唔多完成,就會搵過另一個project玩,唔係自己會冇進步,冇 value

回覆 2# Ksec

未,放心,但幾年後唔包!!!!!!!!

AMD 佢咁流失人員既話 真係唔駛等用晒d 錢 就 RIP ...
R&D 依家都追唔上...

Oh well. People said that every year. However, if you take a look at AMD's book. Even if they cont ...
Stiggy930 發表於 14-10-2015 11:42 AM

Well , he left for nVIDIA ......does it mean nVIDIA will join HSA ?

Well , he left for nVIDIA ......does it mean nVIDIA will join HSA ?
dom 發表於 2015-10-14 12:08

HPC 改行 HSA
ARM + N 卡 = HPC

When I say, finish. I dont mean now, I mean it has no future. And I can tell you for sure the software for HSA is NO where near finish.

Unable to keep talents is a important sign for company. Are there no more innovation or challenging position within the company?

With the Split of Radeon Technology Group, it is looking more likely they are preparing for being acquired. Broad dont wait until 2019 when they have nothing more left to act. They are in debt, and with no sign / future of clear turn over. The market for Client Computing ( That is Intel's term for Desktop and Laptop ) has been in decline with no sign of improvement. By the time Zen comes out in 2017, capturing even 10% of a declining market is meaningless. It could stay on for longer, but it doesn't change course for the company.
On Server Side AMD is lacking everything Intel is good at, Network Controller, Very Good ECC Memory Controller and I/O.  ARM Servers Chips are delayed again, with competition from Qualcomm, ( Not to mention not many want a ARM server chip, at least not yet, not now. )

Radeon has been rapidly losing market share to Nvidia.  

AMD, as far as product or IPs goes, doesn't even have a single thing that is leading the market or worth of any value. ( Besides x64 )

Not having a product that is good right now may not matter, at least there is hope with the talents they have their may be more things to come. But with all these talents leaving, ( and especially to their competitors ), it is likely AMD have its own deeper problem that no body knows from outside.