Firefox is eating your SSD – here is how to fix it

本帖最後由 0zone0 於 2016-9-24 16:38 編輯

用SSD要睇吓!又多理由用ramdisk

Firefox is eating your SSD – here is how to fix it

If you are a user of Firefox we have a must-change setting. Today’s modern multi-core processor systems and higher quantities of RAM allow users to open multiple Firefox tabs and windows simultaneously. This can have an unintended effect for those SSDs as session store data can write data constantly to NAND. This issue is being discussed in a STH forum thread where you can follow the discussion.
Observing the Issue: Heavy SSD Writes from Firefox

Purely by chance, I fired up a free copy of SSDLife on two consecutive days where I haven’t really used my workstation for anything other than email and browsing. For those of you unfamiliar with this tool, it simply reports estimated lifetime for the attached SSD and it also shows the amount of data read and written.

In my case, SSDLife notified me that 12GB was written to the SSD in one day. Since I didn’t recall downloading any huge files over the previous day or visiting any new sites that could’ve resulted in bringing down a lot of new content to the cache, this puzzled me. I monitored these stats over the next couple of weeks and this behavior stayed consistent. Even if the workstation was left idle with nothing running on it but a few browser windows, it would invariably write at least 10GB per day to the SSD.
https://www.servethehome.com/fir ... e-is-how-to-fix-it/

壞咪換過隻囉
唉 不過用左咁多年都未壞
我都有用firefox架

唔用firefox咪得,做咩要用ramdisk咁麻煩?
到時咪又壞ram

又多理由用ramdisk
0zone0 發表於 24/9/2016 04:37 PM

篇文話係about:config 將browser.sessionstore.interval調大後 寫入由一日12GB降到2GB

篇文話係about:config 將browser.sessionstore.interval調大後 寫入由一日12GB降到2GB
q_p 發表於 2016-9-24 23:04

browser.sessionstore.interval 數值 15000 即是點解 ?

回覆 5# usei
1000ms = 1s
每隔15秒儲存cookies / browsing session一次

一日10GB,一年3.6TB,10年先36TB.....
一隻256GB 嘅 SSD 閒閒地都寫到200TB+

而且GOOGLE都測試過,SSD 壞其實係受壽命影響多過用量....

一日10GB,一年3.6TB,10年先36TB.....
一隻256GB 嘅 SSD 閒閒地都寫到200TB+

而且GOOGLE都測試過,SSD 壞 ...
masseffect 發表於 2016-9-25 21:44

不過少左對SSD讀寫, 某程度上都有助改善電腦反應時間速度,不過已經轉左GOOGLE 瀏覽器好耐

不過少左對SSD讀寫, 某程度上都有助改善電腦反應時間速度,不過已經轉左GOOGLE 瀏覽器好耐  ...
s84292 發表於 2016-9-25 22:18

樓主連結入面最尾有寫話經測試,Chrome寫入量都唔少,大約 1GB/小時

本帖最後由 ki_cat 於 2016-9-26 11:05 編輯

回覆 9# eo38cl

Chrome  24G一日,仲食過FIREFOX 12G一日
睇來要用番IE6