Magic TV 科學園 office

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

其實你想試d咩?

想請問 Magic TV  係科學園個 office,  唔知有無 demo 機擺出黎俾人試用?  (e.g. MTV-8000D) ...
thomasc5 發表於 2014-11-29 18:32

印象中大間既凶宅都有放demo出黎,你可以去望望先,有就唔需要入到科學園咁遠。

我想試下部機, 睇下是否真係值依個價錢
thomasc5 發表於 2014-11-30 01:43

There is a MTV8000D in the reception area.  Although it's not intended for customers to operate, I suppose the support staff can give you a demonstration or answer any question you may have.  Since it's not connected with Now TV / Cable TV or any other external input, I'm afraid there's not much that can be checked.

本帖最後由 wklie 於 2014-12-2 11:42 編輯

回覆 7# thomasc5

First of all, Hong Kong uses DMB-TH, making it unique and requires extra investment for an established brand to make a recorder.

Panasonic had a MSRP HK$7990 Blu-ray recorder back in late 2010.  Guess how the market accepts it.  (I consider myself a Panasonic fan and most of my home appliances are Panasonic.)  It seems to me Panasonic recorders are well received in foreign markets though.

I think Hong Kong is one of the most advanced places in the world in adoption of new technology, to the point that many people think videos can simply be watched on-line, and many people I meet do not understand why people still use recorders these days.  So I guess the demand for recorders are lower than in the past.  And occasional recording needs are already fulfilled by iDTV with built-in recording, no matter how much limitations or inconvenient they may be.

A friend of mine gave away his Magic TV when he thought his new Smart TV can do recording.  After discovering the Smart TV does not display programme title (date time only) in list of recorded programmes, he bought another Magic TV.

回覆 9# thomasc5

Most digital PVRs on HK market are based on Coship or other low cost SoC solution, the record function only does in the simplest way, re-pack the broadcast stream to a file.  However Magic TV allows re-encode for recording with other functions, it is a huge difference.

The digital PVRs battle around the no-name brand are crazy in HK, even Imation(3M) are fail soon after launching. From the experience, the price will be throat-cutting very soon if the core technology is on the China-side. I think the Japanese firms predict it and keep away from this product for HK / China segment.