Giga lan port N router

刨完文但都唔明, 究竟若我買個Giga lan port N router, 下載會唔會快d呢?  我是用notebook g(想升級n, 用dongle或換內置), 用和記30m........  

要兩邊都係n先有用; 1n1g 可能只會快少少

No, the slowest path in your set up in your HGC 30Mbps broadband.  Your existing 54Mbps 802.11g WiFi 'theoretically' should be faster than your 30Mbps WAN.  A Giga bit Ethernet (GbE) router will NOT help on the Internet download.  Draft N WiFi, maybe, you will get some marginal improvement.

My 2 cents.

Stephen Wong @ Hong Kong

icic, I am ready to buy a N dongle or upgrade my internal wifi card to N as well.  So even using giga lan N router wont improve, right?  If that's the case, better save the $500 then~~~~~~

Correct, the Giga bit Ethernet part on your new router with give you NO IMPROVEMENT, as you use WiFi to connect your notebook to the network.  Better save the money.

Stephen Wong @ Hong Kong

so if I use cable to connect, what should I get to achieve max performance?

Again, even if you use a network cable to connect, a Giga bit Ethernet router will NOT give you a faster connection (to the Internet), because the limiting factor is your external HGC 30Mbps link!  Unless you have say a NAS, which supports GbE and your notebook supports GbE as well, you can enjoy a faster connection to the NAS.

Stephen Wong @ Hong Kong

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

depends on WAN -> LAN speed.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/component/option,com_chart/Itemid,189/

明白,