IMPORTANT: if you were previously using the AiProtection ad blocker, you
will need to manually disable it over SSH after flashing this
release, by running the following commands:
nvram set wrs_adblock_popup=0
nvram set wrs_adblock_stream=0
- NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 378_5134.
- NEW: OpenVPN policy rules can now be set to route matching traffic
through either the tunnel, or to your ISP (allowing you to
create exceptions to your tunnelling rules)
- NEW: Added OpenVPN server setting to let the OS manage
socket buffers (by inserting rcvbuf 0 and sndbuf 0 in
the server configuration)
- CHANGED: Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.2a, adding new tls ciphers
to OpenVPN and the https webui
- CHANGED: Updated miniupnpd to 1.9.20150430
- CHANGED: Reverted kernel backport of the parallel printer support,
and reintroduced fix in lprng. This should hopefully fix
the recent printing breakage issues.
- CHANGED: Removed AiProtection's ad blocker, as it's too buggy to
be usable, breaking numerous mobile applications,
and not being configurable in any way.
- CHANGED: OpenVPN policy routing rules are now applied at boot
time (when WAN comes up), so clients who are blocked while
a tunnel is down will immediately be blocked until
the tunnel comes up.
- CHANGED: Upgraded Quantenna firmware to 378_6065 release (AC87)
- FIXED: Router DNS weren't reverted to their original values
when shutting down an OpenVPN client with "explicit-
exit-notify" enabled. Now we manually clean it up
after the user manually terminates the client - it might
still not be cleaned up after an unexpected shutdown however.
Ideally, users should try avoiding using this setting when
- FIXED: Some legitimate VPN packets could get dropped due to their
conntrack state. Now, only INVALID packets coming from the
WAN interface are dropped.
- FIXED: OpenVPN client would sometime try to connect before the clock had
been set by NTP at boot time, preventing it from connecting.
- FIXED: AiProtection security check would fail to load when Dual WAN is
- FIXED: Various fields would allow you to enter a single quote character,
which could break the webui. Now these fields re-validate the
content after you deactivate the text field.
- FIXED: Switching between All Traffic and Policy Mode OpenVPN routing while
the option to block traffic when the tunnel goes down wasn't
properly removing those rules, so a tunnel going down in
All Traffic would still block policed clients.
- FIXED: EMF wasn't working on ARM models (missing userspace tool)