How to install the range extender
1. Plug your range extender into an outlet near your computer and within
range of your wireless router.
2. Insert the setup CD into a computer that is connected to your home
3. Click Set up your Linksys Range Extender.
If you are not prompted to begin setup:
Windows Go to Computer or Windows Explorer and double-click on the
disk drive. Click Setup (house icon).
Mac Go to Finder or Desktop and double-click the CD icon. Double-click
on the Setup (house) icon.
4. No CD drive? Go to www.linksys.com/support and find the setup file
for your product and device in the Downloads tab. Download to your
device and follow the instructions.
Place the range extender close to the router or access point when
beginning setup. At the end of setup you will move the extender to
a point midway between the router and the area without service. Be
sure that final location has at least 50% of your router’s Wi-Fi signal. After
placing the range extender in its final location, be sure the light on the
front of the device is solid before continuing.
When the setup utility starts, read the license terms and click Next.
5. Your extender will search for wireless networks. The list of networks will
6. Select the network to use and click Next.
7. Type your network’s password and click OK.
- OR -
If your network is hidden (your router does not broadcast its name), click
My network is hidden, enter your network’s information and click OK.
8. Click Next. Your extender is set up, and will be prompted to move the
extender to its final location.
9. Move the extender to its primary location. Be sure the light on the front of
the range extender is solid before clicking Next. This could take a couple of
minutes. Once you click Next, your router will test the wireless connection
to your relocated extender and prompt you if it needs further adjustment.
You can also connect the range extender by using Wi-Fi Protected
Setup. For more information, see “Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup” on