G-sync/Freesync Mon打机必需?

Hi everyone I would like to seek your opinion on the above subject.

I intend to buy a new set of computer for gaming, including the monitor, but is getting a monitor
with G-sync/Freesync essential for gaming, especially for FPS game?

I am considering getting a 1440p monitor but the price of a monitor with G-sync compared to one without is too much. Is it worth the money?

I intend to purchase GTX980, as I would like to game at 1440p, and what I understand that most monitors are 60hz, so is it true that if the frame rate keeps above 60, I would not see tearing?

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

唔知道   我用更BenQ  XL2730Z 加 290X
好順滑 144hz

本帖最後由 hknewbytech 於 2015-8-15 09:07 編輯

回覆 2# lemoncall

You've the AMD Freesync setup, so you will experience minimum artifacts due to refresh rates and frame rates not in sync.

回覆 1# hknewbytech
Unless you are into serious competitive fast-paced game, you can do without GSync. As long as you have more than 60 FPS with VSync on, you should see no tearing.

回覆 4# q_p

If that is the case, it seems that any monitor will do as long as I invest in a graphics card to maintain 60fps and above. Hmm.. that would save quite some money.

本帖最後由 q_p 於 2015-8-16 06:17 編輯
it seems that any monitor will do as long as I invest in a graphic ...
hknewbytech 發表於 15/8/2015 11:27 PM

There are many factors to consider in choosing a monitor.
LCD Monitor Panels Types - TN vs IPS vs VA as Fast As Possible
And others...

If you feel confused or perplexed, I'm sorry for being unable to give you a definitive answer. Here's a website that I find invaluable: TFT Central
For example here's a review of the previously mentioned BenQ monitor.
Click on the Viewing Angles: Show the typical undesirable color shift of TN panel when viewed from the side.
Lag: Skip the long text until the section "Lag Classification".

Yeah, I have been reading reviews from that website; the reviews are quite detail and comprehensive.

But for casual gamers of FPS, is it necessary? I mean do most gamers buy monitors with either of these technology? Or if the lag is in the class of gaming monitors, whether if it employs either of the technology does not matter?

回覆 7# hknewbytech
I mean do most gamers buy monitors with either of these technology?

I guess not until the price of blabla-Sync goes down.

Or if the lag is in the class of gaming monitors, whether if it employs either of the technology does not matter?

The "Lag" is inherent for LCD monitors, independent of GSync & FreeSync. Just to say buy one with less lag if for gaming purpose.

回覆 8# q_p

Hmmm... considering U2515H as the lag is pretty good.