GF5 vs GX1 vs LX7 ?

Hello all,
LX5 was used to be my only and daily DC so far, before it was also LX3, FX90, TS3...
very bright lens, handy aspect iA/PSM switch, good image...
and until it was stolen recently...
Now I am looking for replacement

Although GF5 is not on the market and LX7 is just a rumor.
Any comment
Btw, yes. I am a PanFanBoy...

so the only thing that u can buy today is GX1......................

just sold my GX1 after tested for 2 days, due to terrible AWB and poor jpeg engine implementation, in low light condition, the performance is not acceptable, the LCD is not up to today's standard, poor color rendition

Hello all,
LX5 was used to be my only and daily DC so far, before it was also LX3, FX90, TS3...
ver ...
wombat_j 發表於 2012-5-29 22:25

if you don't mind waiting why not wait for gh3?

so the only thing that u can buy today is GX1......................
2046 發表於 2012-5-29 23:03

true but i dont have immediate need.
GF5 is coming in a month anyway and Lx7 usually August every 2 years.
so...

if you don't mind waiting why not wait for gh3?
[email protected] 發表於 2012-5-29 23:26

actually i am looking for something small although GH is always good or at least GH2... LOL

just sold my GX1 after tested for 2 days, due to terrible AWB and poor jpeg engine implementation, i ...
mad scientist 發表於 2012-5-29 23:11

In my understanding, gap is still there between 43 and APSC sensor in terms of image noise and of coz especially in high iso area.
not sure about AWB and jpeg, I do hear some good comment on their jpeg output thou...

In my understanding, gap is still there between 43 and APSC sensor in terms of image noise and of  ...
wombat_j 發表於 2012-5-30 10:14

Olympus and Panasonic m43 cameras use the same sensors, 12M or 16M LiveMOS, Olympus perform far better than Panasonic in AWB and JPEG output, if you only use RAW mode, you may consider Panasonic, if you goggle "Panasonic JPEG engine", you will have more ideas

Olympus and Panasonic m43 cameras use the same sensors, 12M or 16M LiveMOS, Olympus perform far be ...
mad scientist 發表於 2012-5-30 10:24

reading some good stuff now...

Olympus and Panasonic m43 cameras use the same sensors, 12M or 16M LiveMOS, Olympus perform far be ...
mad scientist 發表於 2012-5-30 10:24

reading some good stuff now...