What to get a phone for my parents which one you recommend?

I want to get my parents a new phone which one do you recommend.   Something in the $3000 to $4000 price range.

I have looked at the following options:

1) Samsung Galaxy A7
2) LG G3
3) HTC Desire Eye

Which is the best of the 3 options?

I want to get my parents a new phone which one do you recommend.   Something in the $3000 to $4000 p ...
The Dude 發表於 2015-4-10 11:33

a G3 with 32GB internal storage.

the other 2 are also good, but the 16GB internal storage is a little bit small if your parents like to watch TV shows or movies.

a G3 with 32GB internal storage.

the other 2 are also good, but the 16GB internal storage is a li ...
getterwing 發表於 2015-4-10 11:49

I agree with you but then all 3 models have the option of using microSD card.  I have some spare MicroSD cards (32gb and 64gb) which I can give them to use.

The CPU in all 3 models are different.   Which one will be the best from the 3?

本帖最後由 getterwing 於 2015-4-10 12:23 編輯
I agree with you but then all 3 models have the option of using microSD card.  I have some spare M ...
The Dude 發表於 2015-4-10 12:13

G3 has the best CPU but the 2K resolution put a heavy burden on the GPU. In terms of preformance, EYE may be the fastest among these 3, but the 5.2" screen is a little bit small (while the overall footprint is large).  (well, A7's CPU is no match for s801/s805 used in G3 and EYE).  Anyway, I think the difference among the CPU/GPU is not a big deal unless your parents are playing 3D graphics-intensive games.

I would recommend G3.  but I guess you should take your parents to the shops and let them chose among these 3.

G3 has the best CPU but the 2K resolution put a heavy burden on the GPU. In terms of preformance,  ...
getterwing 发表于 2015-4-10 12:20

My parents will surely not play games.  Lol!

They do watch alot of videos on their phone.  So screen quality and overall experience is prime importance.

My parents will surely not play games.  Lol!

They do watch alot of videos on their phone.  So scr ...
The Dude 發表於 2015-4-10 13:02

then G3 is your no-brainer choice.

Internal storage is actually very important. Many apps (like Whatsapp, WeChat) put their data in internal storage only. Most senior citizens do not know the difference between internal storage and SD Card, and do not know how to clean them.

Internal storage is actually very important. Many apps (like Whatsapp, WeChat) put their data in int ...
leave 發表於 2015-4-10 14:29

I agree.

However, 10gb for only Whatsapp is more than enough right?   Camera photos, videos and MP3 files will go in the microsd card.