It also doesn't help that Google OTA updates is causing device to "stay awake" because Google's SystemUpdateService keeps launching commands even if update system is not there. Some people don't experience as much battery drain as others. I am one of the unlucky people as well :( Follow my instructions below for a fix :)
1. Go to settings> Privacy> Privacy Guard - Now click on the 3-dot menu button at the top right and select "advanced"
2 Click on Google Play Services > scroll down and turn off "Wake up" and "Keep Awake" options
3. Reboot in to recovery > wipe cache and davlik and reboot
[I would also recommend doing the following if you are still experiencing battery drain[/B]
1. [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wq.myandroidtools&hl=en"]Download My Android Tools from here[/URL] and open the app and do the following:
2. Click on "Service" tab on the top left and then click on "System" and then scroll down and click on "Google Play services"
3. Click on the full/short button at the top right > now click on the search button and type in "com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService" and make sure to untick this option
4. Click on the menu bar located at the top left of the screen so we can navigate back to the homescreen of the app >
5. Click on "Broadcast Receiver" tab on the top left and then click on "System" and then scroll down and click on "Google Play services" > now search for "SystemUpdate" and make sure all 3 of the options are unticked (it might already be unticked but it is just to make sure) - Now reboot