Got the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black) today from SmarTone

本帖最後由 The Dude 於 2016-9-28 19:37 編輯

Finally after 11 days, I got my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black).

This year Apple really  me confused between 2 new color options (Jet Black and Black).

Honestly for me it was no use to get the outdate silver and gold colors.   The rose gold / pink color is not my color.  My wife already is using a rose gold iPhone and not going to match up to her.
If Apple still carried the space grey model then it would make my decision for the Jet Black so much easier.

Honestly I did try phone color models (Jet black and black) at the apple store.  I told myself whether I use Jet Black or Black I will not use a case but instead put the 3M Protection film like all my phones till date.  So why worry about not getting the Jet Black.
I feel the Jet Black has its own character.  It feels alot more premium than the normal black and if you put 3M film around the body, the scratch factor is less of a concern.   

I put a clear 3M film around the body which still shows off the Jet Black color and also helps to reduce smudges and finger prints.  It is not totally gone but at least it is less than before.  

For the screen I put the Armorz Glass Full Screen Protector.  It is very nice but pricey.

I chose the 256gb because I have loads of photos and videos and MP3 songs.    With my iPhone 6s Plus 128gb, I had about 20gb storage space left and my system was slowing down.   With a better camera, I believe I will go crazy with photos so the added storage will be helpful.  

I added Apple Care+ protection for my phone since I will not be using a case for my phone.  As mentioned above I have put a 3M film for scratch protection but I also have 5 leather pouches to carry my phone in my pocket.  

Here are some pictures of the phone and setup.

iPhone 7 Plus 256gb (Jet Black) - Front Box

iPhone 7 Plus 256gb (Jet Black) - Back Box

Armorz Stealth Extreme R Screen protector.   Best One out there.  Got from Tone.com at SinTat.  

Unboxed.  I am sure you have seen it all.

Finally I got my phone

Check out the back of my phone with 3M film protection

附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

Here are the 3 pouches I have been using since iPhone 6s Plus and the 2 new pouches I have ordered now.

The Joli cases are amazing.

may i ask what is 3m film? is it the product showed in pic 3 and 4?
i cant see any 3m logo?

本帖最後由 The Dude 於 2016-9-27 23:17 編輯
may i ask what is 3m film? is it the product showed in pic 3 and 4?
i cant see any 3m logo?
jxaa140488 發表於 2016-9-27 22:59

No.  Picture 3 and 4 are pictures of my screen protector.  3M film is like Invisible Shield / imask which covers the phone to protect from scratches.  I got a clear film so that the Jet Black look is not too compromised.  See picture 7.   The picture is of my iPhone 7 Plus 256gb (jet black) after installing the 3M film protection.

then will you often need to reinstall a new film since i feel like that the film will come off easily?(i just google it, the film is anti-fingerprint and waterproof)

then will you often need to reinstall a new film since i feel like that the film will come off easil ...
jxaa140488 發表於 2016-9-27 23:23

The shop offers to fix any problem with the installation.   If the film comes off they will put a new one.  I always but the 3m film protection for all my phones.

The shop has many designs and choices.  I chose the clear one to show the Jet Black color.

回覆 6# The Dude

any shop in hk help on installing the 3m protector? Thanks

回覆  The Dude

any shop in hk help on installing the 3m protector? Thanks
topaul 發表於 2016-9-28 10:59

Yes, in Sintat.   Go one floor above.  There is a shop called Moshi Moshi.   They put 3M film for all my phones.   Tell them an Indian guy recommended you their shop.  They will know.

The lightning Dock for my office desk.   Matching black color.

The lightning Dock for my office desk.   Matching black color.
The Dude 發表於 2016-9-28 13:03

you need a better camera..