MS明確表示會持續開發W10 Mobile

Why Microsoft keeps working on Windows 10 Mobile: ARM, cellular, and the next big thing

MS明確表示會持續開發OS係ARM和流動通訊平台, 亦以Windows 10 Mobile作為這兩個平台的首選!

今個月8日(美國時間), 除了Windows 10, 仲有Windows 10 Mobile又有每月更新!

下年年初, 就有代號Creators Update的重大更新!

到時就可以用部W10 Mobile手機拍低D物件轉為3D數據, 再用手機個Paint 3D(用W10個Paint 3D都得)玩3D改圖!

Windows Phone要死, WP7時就應該死左, 去到W10 Mobile, 想佢死都好難!

寫完個W10 UWP app, 又可以搬上W10 Mobile; 寫完個W10 Mobile UWP app, 又可以放返落W10行.

之前有農場新聞同班磚家死都講win10m已死,大概佢地係分唔清lumia同w10m分別

平常有留意既人都知win10m係咁加野,3d真係好期待

回覆 1# wild

引原文:"So we're going to continue to invest in ARM and cellular. And while I'm not saying what type of device, I think we'll see devices there, Windows devices, that use ARM chips. I think we'll see devices that have cellular connectivity."

邊有提過所謂"W10 Mobile" ?

本帖最後由 xyy 於 2016-11-3 01:40 編輯

回覆 1# wild

原文有提"The million-dollar question is what that device will look like or even do. Sure, it will run Windows 10 and Universal Windows Apps, but its core focus, design, and emphasis will be something unique not already on the market. It will be mobile, it will make calls, it will have a data connection, and run on ARM. If you build a mobile device from the ground up for a market that puts phone usage below computing what does that get you?" .........

"something unique not already on the market"==="W10 Mobile" ?

回覆 4# xyy
我只能說wild要打XX都應該有個譜
如果呢區佢做版主,我估震撼性比chromechan做安區版主更震撼

回覆 5# cpk

黎黎去去都係果幾個打飛機

在香港,使用WP/W10M的不足1%,如果能提升到10%,已是奇蹟。

回覆  wild

引原文:"So we're going to continue to invest in ARM and cellular. And while I'm not say ...
邊有提過所謂"W10 Mobile" ?
xyy 發表於 2016-11-3 01:26

係你既理解能力有問題!

人地係講緊Windows 10 Mobile係目前支持ARM和流動通訊既OS平台, 就唔需要要講W10 Mobile.
起碼到了2017年W10 Mobile都仲有重大更新, 這段期間亦會有每月更新!

至於將來, 反正對MS來講, 仍然會持續開發OS支援ARM同流動通訊, 個名用咩, 可能到時用個新名字叫Windows 11 Mobile或indows Universal Platform.

本帖最後由 DGCNYO 於 2016-11-3 11:24 編輯

上面班人係咪真睇唔明 arm w10會停亦無可能停 iot同mobile都係完全win10內

MYERSON: Technically, there are really two things that are unique about Windows Mobile. One is cellular connectivity, and the other one is the ARM processors that are there. And I think both cellular connectivity and ARM processors have a role in the technical landscape of the future.

So we're going to continue to invest in ARM and cellular. And while I'm not saying what type of device, I think we'll see devices there, Windows devices, that use ARM chips. I think we'll see devices that have cellular connectivity.

When you stop investing in these things, it's super hard, super, super hard to restart. And at Microsoft, we have a few of those examples where we stopped. Sometimes, when you're investing into growth. it's easier, but when you're investing for technical strategy or things like that, sometimes people can question it -- like you're doing right now. But especially among your readers, I don't think there's much debate that ARM processors have a role in the future. And cellular connectivity does as well.
Myerson's answer is fascinating and again, hints at something I have been saying for over a year now: Microsoft is going beyond just a phone for its Mobile strategy. Let's recap:

September 2014 - Microsoft drops 'Phone' from the OS name to call it Windows 10 Mobile
July 2015 - Microsoft abandons phone hardware business
September 2016 - HP calls Elite x3 "a three-in-one device that can make calls" and not a smartphone
October 2016 – Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella comments about the "hunt for the next big category" pushes ideas about Mixed Reality and AI
October 2016 – Device Chief Panos Panay reiterates that Surface is about category creation
I do not think any of that is a coincidence. Nadella recently made headlines for stating what everyone has known for years: Microsoft "clearly missed" the smartphone category.

Thus, Microsoft's conundrum. To compete with Apple and Google in mobile Microsoft can no longer go head to head with them. Instead, Microsoft needs to change the game. By creating a new hardware category, Microsoft avoids a direct comparison with the latest iPhone or Galaxy device.

Looking at Myerson's explanation above it is evident that Microsoft does have a plan for Mobile it's just not the one that people are expecting e.g. a traditional smartphone.

咁大段表示一定盲既先睇唔明

再配合上面條友果part就知點

我明有d google友跟本唔知win10手機一樣叫成w10產品,仲一定要用phone個item先當有

回覆  wild

原文有提"The million-dollar question is what that device will look like or even do. Sur ...
emphasis will be something unique not already on the market
xyy 發表於 2016-11-3 01:36

這些講法係個作者既意見, 唔係MS既意思!

咁有咩野問題呢? 作者認為Windows 10 Mobile要有D獨特既功能係其他Mobile OS係冇既!

事實上Continuum既功能, Universal Windows Platform app都係W10 Mobile既特別之處!

都係個句, 係你既理解能力有問題!