HeaDuck - how to stop another phone from ringing?

Hi, all

I wonder if any C Hing knows how to achieve the following with HeaDuck, the spam blocking app.

My cell phone (with HeaDuck) is linked to another home phone using bluetooth. When a junk call is blocked by HeaDuck, the connected home phone still rings for a short while.

Is there a HeaDuck setting which stops the connected home phone from ringing completely when a junk call is intercepted?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, all

I wonder if any C Hing knows how to achieve the following with HeaDuck, the spam blocking a ...
luke123 發表於 2017-3-24 12:47

There are no specific options for bluetooth connected devices under the App, but you may try lowering the delay under Settings > App Options > Latency for block actions, to see if it helps. (But watch out for any abnormal behaviour on the phone if a call is cut too early)

There are no specific options for bluetooth connected devices under the App, but you may try lower ...
headuck 發表於 2017-3-25 00:27

Thanks!

Please keep up the good work, Mr HeaDuck.

There are no specific options for bluetooth connected devices under the App, but you may try lower ...

Thanks!

Please keep up the good work, Mr HeaDuck.

But watch out for any abnormal behaviour on the phone if a call is cut too early)

What would "abnormal behavior" be like? For example, if "zero" latency is set, will everyday phone usage be adversely affected, and in what ways?

Thanks again!

What would "abnormal behavior" be like? For example, if "zero" latency is set, will everyday phone usage be adversely affected, and in what ways?
luke123 發表於 2017-3-25 02:06

Things like LED does not turn off, phone keeps vibrating, etc. after intercepting the call.  These are not common (and I have never seen it) but there were a few such reports when using similar apps without setting hangup delay.

Things like LED does not turn off, phone keeps vibrating, etc. after intercepting the call.  These are not common (and I have never seen it) but there were a few such reports when using similar apps without setting hangup delay.
headuck 發表於 2017-3-25 10:13

Very clear and helpful. Many Thanks!

I'd test it today.

本帖最後由 luke123 於 2017-3-26 15:07 編輯

After testing various ettings (including different latency settings), it seems that the only way to stop the bluetooth connected phone from ringing when there is a junk call is to use "Pick and hang up" under "Filtering actions". However, the HeaDuck-equipped Android phone takes a while to hang up.

Is there a way to get the "Pick and hang up" phone to hang up quickly (automatically) after answering a junk call? Is rooting required to achieve such control, eg, hang up 1 sec after answering the junk call?

Thanks again!

After testing various ettings (including different latency settings), it seems that the only way to  ...
luke123 發表於 2017-3-26 14:45

How long did it take to hangup in your tests? The latency is also controlled by the same setting and should be within 1 second normally (after detecting that the call was answered).  But there may be possible delay before the app is notified of the answering.