Wifi tablet for GPS application

Hi all,

Anyone have experience to use the WiFi tablet for GPS (mainly Android Goggle Map)?

I am considering to buy Samsung S 8.4 Wifi ver (will use w/ my Note 3 hotspot for data) for my Goggle map application (e.g. navigation), but not sure if it will be better to have LTE version?

Thx

MW

Hi all,

Anyone have experience to use the WiFi tablet for GPS (mainly Android Goggle Map)?

I am co ...
MacyWu 發表於 2014-11-16 21:22

I used to use my Google Nexus 7 3G version for google map or other GPS navigation. It is fastly located with AGPS enabled. I have no experience on WIFI only tablet for GPS but i think AGPS with WIFI is also fast. You can try with your mobile phone with WIFI on but cellular off.

回覆 2# wheno

Hi Wheno,

Thx for your sharing.

Yes, I have some test w/ your method (I just tested in a bus this afternoon), it seem locate is still not bad (it take only around few sec), but the GPS navigation seem a bit off track (Google map said I am on road A but actually another road (of course, it finally will still able to follow the right track when my bus moved on).

Maybe, will do more trails later.

Coz the S8.4 (LTE vs Wifi) is around HKD 3400 vs 2400, there is around 1k HKD delta!

Want to know if that delta had better to pay!

Thx

MW

回覆 3# MacyWu

for my experience, with cellular is much faster on locating and more accurate, i dunno why. With WIFI/GPS, if you are steady, the time is also fast and once located. It doesn't go off track and when it does, normally because of bad reception (many buildings around). But it is very hard to locate exactly (initial) with WIFI/GPS on a moving object.

Without GPS/WIFI, even steady will take minutes to locate.