Who is getting the Surface Pro 4 tomorrow???

The Surface Pro 4 will be released tomorrow in Hong Kong.

Today I was a Fortress and they already received stock of the Surface Pro 4 (M3 and i5 only) but they are unable to sell until tomorrow.

Initially I had planned to buy the i7 model with 256gb hard disk and 8gb ram but then after reading the reviews I noticed that the i5 model with 256gb hard disk and 8gb ram will be more than sufficient for my needs.   

The only positive thing about i7 apart for the light increase in CPU speed is the Iris display adapter which is better and faster.   However, with the increase in battery drain, it is not worth for me if I am not really going to take full advantage of the i7 CPU and Iris display.

Anyway, long story short I ordered the i5 model with the dark blue keyboard and the pin adapters for the Pen and also got the  Office 365 Home edition (for 5 computers and 5 tablets).   It was an excellent deal for $450.   

Will post pictures and full details tomorrow.

Anyone else going to pick up the Surface Pro 4 tomorrow or are you going to wait for the i7 model in December?

我i7, 16G ram, 512GSSD要 12月........

already got the i5 / 256GB SP4 in US M$ online store

almost everything is better than SP3 but the firmware of SP4 is not stable enough

almost everything is better than SP3 but t ...
akitohk 發表於 2015-11-19 01:00

Many guys in the US are either buying the M3 model due to the fanless factor and many are also getting the i5 model with 256gb.   They are some who are getting the i7 model but those people are into autocad and programming and need the extra horsepower.   

I personally think the best for me would be the i5 model.  I thought I will probably upgrade to Surface Pro 5 or whatever Apple will release next after iPad Pro so there is no point getting the i7 now.  

I paid for my Surface Pro 4 already but Fortress refused to let me take it tonight.  Said they are obligated to note sell the units until tomorrow.  So I will just pick up my order on my way to the office in the morning.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

我i7, 16G ram, 512GSSD要 12月........
joelai0405 發表於 2015-11-19 00:50

Wow you ordered the top of the line surface Pro 4.   

I also wanted to get the i7 first but then realized that it may be overkill for me.  I have the Xbox One and Apple TV for my gaming needs.   Surface Pro 4 is most for my office related work and also for my wife who will be doing some scrap-booking.  Apart from that I also have an iPad Mini 2 and Nexus 9 as my other tablets at home.
I was  confused between the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro 4.   
Finally decided on the Surface Pro 4.

Today the sales at Fortress asked me if I would be interested to get additional 2 years warranty for $1,234.

I told me if it covers accidental damage coverage then I will be interested.   They said it doesn't cover accidental damage.  Just 2 extra years warranty, hence making it 3 y ears warranty.  

What do guys think?  Is it worth getting?

Today the sales at Fortress asked me if I would be interested to get additional 2 years warranty for ...
The Dude 發表於 2015-11-19 01:30

additional warranty provided by Fortress or by MS?

i paid 149 USD for 2 years international warranty with accidental damage coverage from US MS online store.

additional warranty provided by Fortress or by MS?

i paid 149 USD for 2 years international warra ...
akitohk 發表於 2015-11-19 02:23

By Fortress.

In HK there is no Accidental Damage coverage support.

I could call Microsoft and ask again.

almost everything is better than SP3 but t ...
akitohk 發表於 2015-11-19 01:00

How do you like the i5 256gb and 8gb ram model?

Do you regret not spending more for the i7 model?

By Fortress.

In HK there is no Accidental Damage coverage support.

I could call Microsoft and as ...
The Dude 發表於 2015-11-19 08:43

個人用戶無得加, 企業用戶加七百幾