Got the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (i5/256GB/8GB) today

Today I picked up the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 from Fortress.

I bought the i5 model with 8gb ram and 256gb hard disk.    Initially I wanted to get the i7 model and then I watched some videos on youtube and if people can play some hard core games with the i5 Model then it will be perfect for me since I will not play any hardcore games.    I have the Xbox One for that.

Also I do plan on buying the next best thing from Apple or Microsoft next year so it makes good sense to save the money.

I also was initially confused between the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro 4.   Then comparing the two in terms on price and what I wanted to do, it became clear to me that Surface Pro 4 with full desktop OS support and double the ram and hard disk at the same price will be more worth it.

So with my Surface Pro 4 I picked up a dark blue keyboard cover.  Didn't want to get a black one this time as I wanted something different.  The light blue one was not available but upon checking the demo unit, I noticed that the light blue one will get dirty easily at the edges.  It will be horrible to have a dirty cover to carry around.   The red cover may be more appealing to the ladies or guys who like to have such colors.   

I also picked up the Surface Pen Tip Kit.    Will come in handy when trying different styles of writing (pencil, ball pen, etc).

Finally I also picked up the Office 365 Home Edition.  It can be used for 5pcs and 5 tablets or Phones.   I got it for only $498.  It is a good deal as I can share with my wife and also for my computer at the office and can also give 1 account to my parents so that they can get 1TB storage for their photos.  Next year if I buy the Surface Pro 5 then I will probably buy another one for 1 year usage.   For $500 it is a must  have add on to the Surface and other computers I have.

I wanted to get accidental damage cover like what Apple provides with Apple Care but sadly Microsoft doesn't offer it in Hong Kong.  Fortress has its own coverage extension for 2 more years but that too doesn't cover accidental damage.   I read the details at the store.  We have to go to Microsoft after the first year for repair and pay for the repair and then claim from Fortress.  It is like insurance but it doesn't cover accidental damage.    Only battery, screen and other natural problems.    It was an additional $1234 for the extension coverage and thought it was not worth it since I will get the Surface Pro 5 or may be iPad Pro 2 or whatever is best next year.   

I am now looking for a carrying pouch.  Any suggestions where I can buy one?  Do let me know.

Here are some pictures.  I collected them on my way to work so these are just out of the bag pictures.  
Will post more pictures of the unboxing later when I get time.  Either today or tomorrow.   I have dinner plans with my family tonight and may get late.  He He!!
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

I am going to pick up my SP4 tonight after work. Also Fortress. If you pre-ordered it, you would get a free pouch from Microsoft. But I was told that it'll be delayed. So most likely I won't get the pouch tonight.

Did you pre-order Lumia 950XL?

本帖最後由 hkfriends 於 2015-11-19 13:52 編輯

Finally I got it with same model of Dude

Any good pouch out there?

本帖最後由 The Dude 於 2015-11-19 14:51 編輯
I am going to pick up my SP4 tonight after work. Also Fortress. If you pre-ordered it, you would get ...
Carson35 發表於 2015-11-19 13:26

I also wanted the pouch but I didn't preorder early.  To be honest I never pre-ordered it.
Was out for dinner last night and saw a Fortress store.  They had stock already last night but couldn't sell it.  They told me to pay for it and pick up the next day.  So I did that.  Which model did you order?  i5 with 256gb hard disk and 8gb ram like me?
The i7 model is tempting but will probably drain the battery quicker and also may heat up faster.

No, I don't plan to get the 950XL.  Very happy with my iPhone 6s Plus 128gb.  With jailbreak it is amazing.

Finally I got it with same model of Dude

Any good pouch out there?
hkfriends 發表於 2015-11-19 13:48

Congrats.  So you also got it easily like me.

Which Keyboard cover did you choose?  Did you get the pen tip kit?
Looking for a nice pouch.  Let me know if you find anything.

Same as you, dude

But i didnt buy pen tip kit and office yet

Anyone know how to check your sp4?

Same as you, dude

But i didnt buy pen tip kit and office yet
hkfriends 發表於 2015-11-19 14:27

I see.   Enjoy the Surface Pro 4.  Don't know if I will get the time tonight as I am out for dinner with family and get home late.

Anyone know how to check your sp4?
hkfriends 發表於 2015-11-19 14:38

You mean checking for problems?  No clue.   This is a device I don't get so often.   

I am going to set my region to USA because the Windows Store has alot more apps in the US.   I of course need Netflix and Hulu Plus.

本帖最後由 The Dude 於 2015-11-19 15:24 編輯

Anyone know where I can find a nice pouch to fit the Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover?   I don't want a case.  I want a pouch to slide in the surface pro 4 with the keyboard cover.