How to backup and sync multi folders into Synology DS

I am currently using Microsoft SyncToy to backup my stuff in the laptop into a 2.5" external hard disk
How can  I do the similar thing with DS212j?
I tried Cloud Station but seems it can't
Any suggestions?

I am also thinking of doing it with the Shared folder in DS.
But I may  share that folders with my friends lateron and I don't want them to have access to my backup stuff.
Is it really impossible for DS to do such simple thing?

No one knows how to do it, really?

So it's impossible I guess?

- create new shared folder (admin access only)
- create iSCSI disk and mount it http://forum.synology.com/wiki/i ... n_Windows_Computers

- create new shared folder (admin access only)
- create iSCSI disk and mount it
wing0081 發表於 2015-5-27 10:45

Thanks first. But it looks very complicated.

And can I not have the real time sync but a scheduled one instead?  Just in case I delete or change the file by mistake.

Windows Backup 支援 local 硬碟,包括 SATA、USB、iSCSI,如果唔用 local disk 來 backup,就會變成每次都 full backup,用 network share,很徙位。

樓上師兄俾晒 link 你,網上亦有海量的教學,都覺得煩的話,找 SI 幫你做囉,每小時 800,每個 job 4hr 以上起。

仲有,請問你想要的是 sync 定係 backup?兩樣唔同野來。

Windows Backup 支援 local 硬碟,包括 SATA、USB、iSCSI,如果唔用 local disk 來 backup,就會變成每次都 ...
rabi 發表於 2015-5-27 11:26

Just don't understanding why it's so hard to do such simple thing with DS.

"Sync" is the preferred way to do backup coz I don't want to keep different versions of backups. As I said early I don't want real time sync neither. I prefer to do a scheduled sync or even manual sync is find as it give me the flexibility of when to do it.

It costs few thousand dollars and can't even do the freeware's job. Just this annoys me a lot.

仲有,請問你想要的是 sync 定係 backup?兩樣唔同野來。
rabi 發表於 2015-5-27 11:40

Ya I know they are different. What I want is like SyncToy. You pick a few folders from your computer that you wanna backup and sync it with DS. Whenever you wanna backup you click a button and the folders from your computer are compared with the ones stored in DS. Only the difference will be updated. It keeps the unchanged files untouched which will save a lot of time and also it avoids from deleting files by mistake.

睇完你的雞腸,明白了,你需要的是 backup,而不是 sync,最好就係 scheduled 的 backup job,自動做,又省位,咁就最岩你。

但 backup 又好乞你憎,會建立好多版本,會攪到你好亂,而最乞你憎的,我相信是你以為 backup 好食位。

我肯定你無 backup 同 sync 的 concept,例如,當你踢著了 auto sync,而你又唔小心地,誤斬了一些檔案後,你就舒服晒喇。