1. Copy my script attached, paste it on a txt file save it as rsync.sh to your desktop. (turn on view file ext feature if you cannot see the .txt extension)
2. Turn on user home service if if was not enabled-- Control Panel, User, Advanced, user Home, Tick enable user home service
3. Upload the script rsync.sh to your nas home folder.
4. Open file station/home, you should see the file rsync.sh, right click and choose open with Text Editor.
5. Change userabc to your NAS login name (user name is better without space and must have admin right), choose file, save.
6. Control Panel, Task Scheduler, Create, user-defined script, name the task as Music Sync, user is root, type the path /volume1/homes/userabc/rsync.sh in user defined script (userabc is your login name).
7. A new task named "Music Sync" should be added, highlight the task & click run, it will start immediately.
7. The schedule of this task can be choose daily, weekly, weekday...whatever, remember to tick the check box if you prefer a scheduled run.
1. Make sure "Mount automatic on startup" is choosen when you map the Shared Music folder to NAS.
2. The Music folder from NAS is the source, the Shared Music folder is a backup copy on a device attached to NAS
3. Any files deleted from the Music folder will be disappeared from the Shared Music after sync.
4. All hidden files from source folder are excluded from syncing.