[Windows 10] Problems in Installing Windows 10

本帖最後由 kenn 於 2016-3-30 19:24 編輯

While upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10, the screen remains in the dialogue box showing "Getting updates " for more than an hour.  Called MS hotline, they answered it is normal.  How  comes?

I have tried fresh installation as well. Same situation.  
The windows is not frozen, I can still use it to browse and do everything.
Please help.  Thanks.

win10 updating screen.png
2016-3-30 19:22

Windows 10 finally upgraded --- after 3 hours (by its self-updating).

I think so.

what is your computer config?

I dun see why this kind of upgrading action should happen

what is your computer config?
frankfrank 發表於 2016-6-21 17:10

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV black editiion (X79 chipset)
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 8x4 + 4x4 (total: 48GB)
Display card: FirePro W7000
Raid card: LSI 9270-8i (WD RE4 6 disks running RAID-6, with another RE4 as hotspare + one Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB as Cache)
OS HDD: Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB SSD
Monitors: Eizo CG277 + CG243W

I have another OS HDD (Plextor M5Pro 256GB) with Win 7 Ultimate installed.  So I can switch between Win 7 and Win 10 at anytime by swapping these 2 OS HDDs in my system.

I have another OS HDD (Plextor M5Pro 256GB) with Win 7 Ultimate installed.  So I can switch between  ...
kenn 發表於 2016-6-22 01:05 PM

I'm not sure about that
I did hear that under multiboot situations, either one of the Winblows may need to be reactivated (even with genuine keys) and that can be a real problem

You may have separate HDD/SSD with W7 and W10 but still, I'm not sure if such manual HDD swap could end up with re-activation problem

Both Win 7 Utimate and Win 10 Pro are installed in separate SSDs and one of them will be detached from the motherboard when the other one is connected and in use. Moreover, both windows are "activated". Anyway the updated problem had been solved.

The Win 10 Pro is upgraded from Win 7U, not fresh installation. So by cloning your upgraded Win 10 to another SSD, you have "TWO" computers logically but "one" physically.