New product in HK - Autoglym Super Resin Polish 2012 NEW FORMULA

本帖最後由 PPLd 於 2012-6-6 09:01 編輯

I received a phone call from Autoglym HK dealer some time ago asking if I am interested in trying some new toys, I said "sure I am always interested in trying some new sh1t, how much $$ this time?".
Yesterday a package was delivered to my workshop and I paid the remaining balance upon receiving the package.
When I open it I found a bottle of SRP 2012 New Formula 1Litre inside.
I am probably the first person in Hong Kong to get my hands on the new formula SRP from dealer?

SRP2012 1L placed on a grid guard:

For those who are not familiar with Autoglym, SRP is a cleaner wax AIO type of product.
It gently cleans and conditions paintwork, then the resin harden and bond to paint surface to provide protection and gloss, hence the name "resin" and "polish".
SRP is an absolutely safe product to use regularly on your vehicle.  Compared with the old one, the 2012 New Formula is supposed to look better, protect better, no dust and last much much longer than the old formula (Autoglym claims 3 times more washes from 12 of old formula to 35 now).

In case if you are wondering if I work for Autoglym, no I dont work for them and I paid for that bottle of SRP2012.
How many of you are interested in seeing me do an unbiased review on the new product?
and How many of you are interested in a group buy, no deposit needed? 325, 500, 1000ml sizes are available.

i am always support your new product review .
So, is it supposed to be used in polishing step before sealant / wax ?

Sure !!  Strong support of your review.

Also, can I apply this product by hands?  Or, it recommends to apply by machine?!

PPLd Ching 又來新野review 了..
等你的review !

i am always support your new product review .
So, is it supposed to be used in polishing step before sealant / wax ?
choi_b 發表於 2012-6-1 02:29

Thanks choi_b,
While I cant speak for Autoglym, the Autoglym SRP is a cleaner wax type of product.
There are 2 ways of using it that I can think of from my understanding of the product:
1. Wash -> SRP and call it a day.
2. Wash -> Clay -> SRP -> top with a pure wax -> step back and admire the shine.

Well of course depending on how OCD the user is, he/she can add many many polishing and jewelling steps before using SRP, but this is how I see an AIO product suit in most people's route, bcos it doesnt make sense to use a Cleaner Wax if you are doing full polishing and cleaning right?

Sure !!  Strong support of your review.

Also, can I apply this product by hands?  Or, it recommends to apply by machine?!
piggyman 發表於 2012-6-1 09:15

piggyman,

I have not seen a product that cannot be applied by hand, I have only heard that some products cant be used by rotary machine.

And to answer your question, SRP can be used by hand OR dual action polisher.  I dont have a rotary so I cant confirm you on that.
The difference between hand and DA application is that if you apply by hand, you will not be able to remove imperfections on your paint; but with a DA it might be possible to reduce those imperfections.
However if you are really trying to clean or polish your paint, you should be using more heavy weapon like compound or polish like I mentioned before.

PPLd Ching 又來新野review 了..
等你的review !
kenfung 發表於 2012-6-1 11:15

I was looking for like 10+ people to support me first lol~!

it seems great....
Is this product can be used as 'wax'?
or polishing product before wax?
looking forward to your review!

Thanks choi_b,
While I cant speak for Autoglym, the Autoglym SRP is a cleaner wax type of pro ...
PPLd 發表於 2012-6-1 13:07

Your last review was the chemical guy stripper scene, and when I ordered some goodies last week, I included your "toy" as well I want to try how flirty it can smell. I also ordered something else too, one that I really want to tried for a long time -- the IRON-X, well I will post it when everything arrived

By the way, I am still getting used to some of your short form like AIWO, OCD, AIO etc, what are those stand for again? I am getting old, memory fading away

it seems great....
Is this product can be used as 'wax'?
or polishing product before wax?
looking forward to your review!
gugugugu 發表於 2012-6-1 13:16

Thanks gugugugu, so now I have 4 people supporting me lol~

Short ans: Yes, SRP can be used as wax.

Long ans:
Autoglym Super Resin Polish is a cleaning wax type of product, so yes it can be used as last step "wax".
So what is the difference between a cleaning wax and a pure wax?  Or when do I need to use a cleaning wax?
The diff btwn a cleaning wax and a pure wax is that, cleaning wax will help you to remove mild oxidation, contaminants, or other rubbish on your paint.  It will also help to reduce swirls and other imperfections.  At the same time cleaning wax offer some protection.  But pure wax do not have these functions.  They only offer protection, so whatever rubbish or contaminants on your paint will be inside your wax layer and not removed.

Cars which are not in perfect shape, or people who are looking for a quick wax job should look into cleaning wax.
Garage queen, cars in perfect shape should use a pure wax.

FYI:
Other cleaning wax products on the HK market include Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (red bottle), Meguiar's Color X, Mother's Cleaner Wax, 3M Cleaner Wax, Banana Wax etc.