is there a linux way to share bookmark in different browser?

本帖最後由 u2on 於 2010-1-23 08:01 編輯

I mainly use Firefox to surf the web but sometimes switch to Chrome or Opera.

I need all three browsers have same bookmarks and I just add new bookmarks in Firefox. So I just need to copy the latest bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome/Opera and use it when Chrome/Opera run.

Is there a cli/script way to achieve similar action like import/export bookmarks every browser provide in GUI.

PS. I know there are some Firefox extension like Xmarks to provide bookmark sync.  if script can be used to do the same thing will be better.

export the bookmark from one browse and import to other browsers.
different browsers use different database & structure, you have to use the browser's function to import/export to,say, XML format

In ubuntu repository, there is an app named bookmarkbridge for sync across different browser but it is GUI app and seems still need to be improved.

回復 1# u2on

finally,
i settled with Chromium's bookmark_sync.
i am using FF and Chromium simultaneously, centralise all BM under Chromium/Google_Doc, then use Chromium's bookmark_sync for both browsing, and I am set.

本帖最後由 u2on 於 2010-1-24 06:09 編輯

Now there are several browser extensions provide online service for bookmark sync between different browsers or different PCs through cloud.

My preference is keeping all my info on my machine.

I feel it should be not so hard to achieve this access but no solution can be found until now.

You can use Xmarks for firefox and chromium.

You can use Xmarks for firefox and chromium.
lazyfai 發表於 2010-1-25 07:22

Xmarks provides seamless bookmark synchronization between your computers and browsers via our synchronization server.

I hope to keep all the info in my machine not via their synchronization server

You can setup your own server and user Xmarks to sync ON YOUR SERVER. :-)

You can setup your own server and user Xmarks to sync ON YOUR SERVER. :-)
lazyfai 發表於 2010-1-25 15:03

Great, that's what I want.

Thanks lazyfai!

Seems like on Chromium, private server is not allowed.