Linuxcon: IBM Admits zOS is Still Better than Linux (for some things) [VIDEO]

Video at the end of this link: http://www.datamation.com/data-c ... e-things-video.html

SEATTLE - Among the biggest pieces of news to emerge at the Linuxcon conference here this week is IBM's announcement of a pair of Linux only mainframes known as LinuxONE.

With the LinuxONE, IBM said that it is focusing Linux, but that doesn't mean IBM is leaving its legacy behind either. In a press briefing, Ross Mauri, General Manager for z Systems, emphasized that while Linux is the focus, the zOS proprietary mainframe operating system isn't going anywhere either.

"I think when it comes to the absolute gold standard today for transaction processing and you look at companies around the world that are doing hundreds of millions of fully secured transactions every day - I'm not sure if Linux is up to that, yet," Mauri said.

Mauri added that in his view, there is still a place for zOS in certain workloads, though it's clear that Linux is the area where future growth will come from.

"There are a lot of lines of code written, probably more than a trillion, that runs on mainframes around the world and I don't know if everyone is going to just go and throw that out," Mauri said. "So there is a place there for a long time for zOS."

Reported by: LinuxToday

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

good news...
Databases 發表於 20/8/2015 21:06

一講 security 和 reliability, 有無人夠膽 用條命 來 保証 xxx 無問題?

淨係一路諗寫幾多億行code,唔諗點斬走可以唔要嘅code,呢種software永遠唔要得。

淨係一路諗寫幾多億行code,唔諗點斬走可以唔要嘅code,呢種software永遠唔要得。 ...
ntony 發表於 21/8/2015 23:03

既然現有 mainframe banking software & hardware 無問題, 點解要無端端迫大家換咗佢?
睇怕有人想 出千 ??  

既然現有 mainframe banking software & hardware 無問題, 點解要無端端迫大家換咗佢?
睇怕有人想 出千 ? ...
toylet 發表於 2015-8-22 00:17

無問題定係有問題而唔知,係兩回事。起辦法室同大企業政治入面,只要符合前者,就千祈唔好攪佢。否則焦頭爛額。等同戰前炸彈唔爆,就唔好去攪唔好去拆。就算係核反應堆都好,慢性毒死附近幾多人都好,邊個攪,邊個死。解決到又唔多覺會有人欣賞,攪禍咗就全世界都想殺死攪事者。

無問題定係有問題而唔知,係兩回事。起辦法室同大企業政治入面,只要符合前者,就千祈唔好攪佢。否則焦 ...
ntony 發表於 22/8/2015 13:58

以技術更新之名去入侵大家的安全網?

以技術更新之名去入侵大家的安全網?
toylet 發表於 2015-8-22 23:14

邊有安全過

邊有安全過
ntony 發表於 23/8/2015 09:20

咁多年來 大家 銀行的簿仔戶口**無**出過大錯誤!
老鬼 mainframes 都有佢可愛之處!

IBM 當然這樣講啦....