Why do companies keep getting hacked?

Almost every large company is being bombarded with cyber-attacks all day, every day.

Many companies now prepare for the day they will be breached rather than expect technology to keep them safe and secure all the time.

Read more ....

Samiux

因為啲錢用晒嚟出花紅畀高層,無錢請技術好嘅 IT 人同升級系統。

Almost every large company is being bombarded with cyber-attacks all day, every day.

samiux 發表於 2015-10-24 02:13

becuz they dont need to pay even a single penny for data leakage due too poor outdated it technology

本帖最後由 samiux 於 2015-10-25 04:21 編輯
becuz they dont need to pay even a single penny for data leakage due too poor outdated it technolo ...
snoopy11hk 發表於 2015-10-24 22:09

In United States, there are some laws and penalties for data breaches.  Please refer to Data security laws and penalties: Pay IT now or pay out later.

In United Kingdom, there may not have such laws and penalties just like Hong Kong.  That is why the Information Security business in the States is so active.  Please note that "Talk Talk" is a UK based telecom company which is hacked for several times recently.

In my opinion, to harden your networks or systems in the view of sysadmins is totally difference from in the view of attackers.  Most sysadmins do not know about the attacks in deep, including some sysadmins in USA.  Therefore, there is a risk to harden your networks or systems in the view of sysadmins.

Here comes my slogans : (1) While you do not know attack, how can you know about defense? (未知攻,焉知防?) and (2) Think like a criminal and act as a professional.

Samiux

Update reason : fix typo

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

又係因為佢地冇請hackers做嘢?

又係因為佢地冇請hackers做嘢?
lazyfai 發表於 2015-10-25 19:55

The second last sentence of the article :

Many companies employ ethical hackers to test their security systems and properly encrypting customer data helps ensure any stolen information is useless to attackers, or expensive to sell.

Samiux

I heard that:
Security is not about tools, but a practice like police work!
toylet 發表於 2015-10-25 23:26

Information Security is about (1) Brain (creative mind); (2) Skills and knowledge; and (3) tools.  The last one is "tools" as most hackers can build their own tools.

Samiux