[教學] experience : install archlinux on lenovo g40-80 (daul boot)
本帖最後由 chancho 於 2016-8-20 10:55 編輯
i have to say all solutions for fixing problems are found with "google".
in the past few days, i was trying to install archlinux on a lenovo g40-8- notebook.
1) first thing first, i need to see if there is any free partition to install linux, however, there is no gui program of "disk management" in win8. i have to type "diskmgmt.msc" in a command prompt.
2) make some space from the hard disk. gparted will do the job. the hard part is how to boot gparted. i tried : disable secure boot, change boot mode to legacy.. finally, there is a small button on the side of the notebook. pushing that button will bring up a menu for "boot option", and then i can choose to boot with a usb pen drive.
3) after making a free partition out of the hard disk. i reboot into win8 and do a disk check. win8 said there is an error on the disk and took about half an hour to fix it.
4) booting a latest archlinux install disk is fine, but the "wifi-menu" give me an error that i can't see any wifi network. that is a bug in one of the program : wifi-menu, netctl or wpa_supplicant". i took a night for googling a solution. and an old (aug-2015) archlinux iso is used for installation.
5) wifi-menu still said my adapter is down due to "RF_KILL" problem, a simple "rfkill unblock wlan" solve the problem.
6) everything is fine until the boot-loader, i used "systemd-boot" as my boot loader. one of my line in the config file was mis-spell. fix it and i can enjoy my archlinux.
little tricks i learn from this installation :
1) a tiny button on lenovo notebook can bring up a boot menu
2) systemd-boot is default to boot a linux distro, but i can make a "windows" entry in the boot menu and set it as default.