I have a question regarding checking e-mails with Nexus One.

I have setup my office and home e-mails in my Nexus One.

I was wondering if it is possible to check my e-mails from my phone when I am away from my computer and then later I check my e-mail from my computer and I recieve the same mails that I received from through the Nexus One.   However, I want the same mails that I received throught he Nexus One to remain there.

I have so far managed to rececive the mails through my Nexus One and then also received them through my computer but after I receive them through my computer, the mails are gone from my Nexus One.

I want the mails to remain in my phone.   Any setting to do this?

I can do this with my Palm Pre.  It is important for me since I like to keep important stuff for my business replies.

I think the email should stay there if you didn't delete them...
I use gmail by the way, but I think other emails work as the same way too.

Is that a pop3 mail server? it seems that it was a pop3 mail server which will not store the mail in the server after retrieving from somewhere else.

Check if your email server supports IMAP.  What you've read/unread/deleted/filed/deleted will be exactly the same in other. Computer(s).

obviously the pop3 setting of the PC email client
did not keep a copy in server after received.

may i know what PC email client you using?
Outlook ?
Lotus Note?

Check if your email server supports IMAP.  What you've read/unread/deleted/filed/deleted will be exa ...
outlook 發表於 2010-1-28 09:56

我對 IMAP 真係唔係好想用, 試過用 Windows live mail IMAP 去收 GMAIL, 要好耐至 sync 到 d email, 到要開時又要等好耐, 如果有 attachment 更加係 最後....我都係開返個 browser 去睇個 email 同 attachment 快過個 windows live mail 用 imap 開.  但我唔確定係 live mail ge 問題定係 IMAP 個 design 令到個速度慢得咁可憐

至於用 mobile 用 imap 去 connect email, 我唔知會否好好多, 因未試過.  師兄你又點 comment 個 速度同易用情度呢?

我對 IMAP 真係唔係好想用, 試過用 Windows live mail IMAP 去收 GMAIL, 要好耐至 sync 到 d email, 到要 ...
avaya 發表於 2010-1-28 10:47

mobile 用imap 好處係有得set header receive (milestone 無)
pop3 一扯要成個扯落黎 (但大多有得限制size - milestone 無)
imap 一定唔怕無copy 係server, 雖然pop 都有得set (milestone 有)
imap 係慢少少,只限電腦, 但手機收都好快 (e.g. set header or body @ 2kb limit )
同埋可以同步你d read / unread

所以我setting 係
home / office PC - pop
office PC - pop3 , keep copy in server 1 week
home - pop3 , always keep copy in server
mobile - imap

回復 5# wongja

I am using outlook.

You see when I use outlook I have the emails in outlook after I have retrieved them.

I know that once I get the mails, the mails are removed from the server.  

I normally check my e-mails before I got to my office.   I check my mails during breakfast.  With my palm pre I have the e-mails in my phone even after I have retrieved them from the server in my office computer (using outlook).

However, with the Nexus One I can retrieve my mails but once I retrieve them from my office computer the e-mails that I viewed from my Nexus One are gone.

I am not sure if they are gone right away or by the end of the day.   I don't see them the next morning.  Why is that?

By the way my e-mail address is from Netvigator.

回復  wongja

I am using outlook.

You see when I use outlook I have the emails in outlook after  ...
The Dude 發表於 2010-1-28 14:44

then you must check your office's email client if it leaves a copy at server after mail retrive, but for netvigator, it's HIGHLY NOT recommended because the space given is quiet small and it will charge you silently if you had break the quota

本帖最後由 wongja 於 2010-1-28 15:30 編輯

DEL