Got the Google Home yesterday

Yesterday I got myself the Google Home

https://madeby.google.com/home/

It is google's voice activated speaker (Google Assistant).

I got it mainly for the fun factor.    Had only a short time to test it since I got back late last night from a dinner party.

The device will work with either an android device or an iOS device.

I am using the iPhone 7 Plus so all I had to do was to download google home from the app store and everything was set up automatically within 5 mins.

Here are some pictures of the device.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get my MP3 songs uploaded to Google Music.  Anyone knows how to do it?

本帖最後由 別問我是誰 於 2016-11-17 15:52 編輯

堆圖要咁睇 

15011619487e67c617bf33aa57.png
2016-11-17 15:45

123.jpg
2016-11-17 15:45

Now I am trying to figure out how to get my MP3 songs uploaded to Google Music.  Anyone knows how to do it?
The Dude 發表於 2016-11-17 15:37

did you activated google music before?

If not, it is a tough question, you may need a VPN(US or JP...etc.) to create a new google acc to use google music

did you activated google music before?

If not, it is a tough question, you may need a VPN(US or J ...
akitohk 發表於 2016-11-17 15:45

Yes, I have VPN.  However my 2 google accounts were created before I got VPN service.

You mean the only way to use google music to use VPN (USA) and then create a new google account?   

Today I forcefully set my location to USA for one of my old google accounts but that too didn;t help.

Yes, I have VPN.  However my 2 google accounts were created before I got VPN service.

You mean t ...
The Dude 發表於 2016-11-17 17:01

YES, you need VPN to create a new google acc and activate google music.

few years ago, i'm using my HK google acc VPN to US to activate google music beta

last year my friend told me that method doesn't work anymore.

he need to create a new JP google acc via VPN ( USA acc work too)

You can't use this devise in Hong Kong except USA. So sad.....

回覆 6# garylyh

算啦. 都唔係第一次..
佢地都唔係賣硬件...

回覆 2# 別問我是誰

別兄,好搞野

I got Google Play Music working.

I used my VPN to change to US server.

Created a new Google account and now I have google music.   
Now I can get 6 months free YouTube Red and 6 months Google Play Music for free.  

You can't use this devise in Hong Kong except USA. So sad.....
garylyh 發表於 2016-11-17 17:51

It works fine in Hong Kong.    It is just that it only supports US English.   For me that is not an issue at all.

My only issue was to get google music since it is not available in Hong Kong.  Now I have that sorted out by creating a US account.   I transferred all my songs last night and tested it already.

Currently Google Home doesn't support voice activate to play songs from google play but that will be coming in an update soon.  For now we have to cast the songs from the phone to Google Home.   Radio and podcast work fine though.