I've bought two sticks of Kinxxxxx DDR3 1600MHz 4GB Ram xxx16N11S8/4 to run on Asus H81M-E BIOS 2107 (latest).
MemTest86 V6.0.0 (Feb 13, 2015) introduced Test 13 Hammer Test, and both sticks of RAM fail at this test even if individually inserted into the mainboard. If only Test 13 is chosen, they generate one error roughly every 3 hours.
- Underclocking the DDR3 does not eliminate the Hammer Test errors
- Changing memory strap from 100:133 (default) to 100:100 does not eliminate the Hammer Test errors
- Increasing DDR3 voltage by 0.05V does not eliminate the Hammer Test errors
- Increasing Command Rate to 2 does not eliminate the Hammer Test errors
- Except Hammer Test, all other tests generate no error
I think my situation is less serious than other foreign reports. This test is very new, so there are limited reports, but I suspect that many RAM would have this problem. So I worry if I get them replaced with another brand, it might be even worse?
Does any CHing have any recommendation for another brand of budget 4GBx2 DDR3? I do not need low latency.