Windows 7 Clone with Ghost 14/15

I've tried to clone my Win7 to other smaller hard disk through Ghost 14 and 15, but still fail and show me the "Bootmgr missing" while I boot up with the new clone hard disk.
I even tried to create a disk image with Win 7 and restore in a new hard disk, fail...
Restore a Ghost standalone restore file with the ghost boot disc, fail...
Seems the boot manager is the main problem....
Did anyone can help me on this? Or success cloning Win7 with others software? Any recommend??

Thanks in advance!! I've already spend my whole day on this

you forgot the MBR ?

回復 2# icarus-c

No! I never forget this....

I've found there's a hidden "partition" in-front of the Win7 C drive. I've google it and it's included the boot manager or other boot files there....
But Ghost only allow to clone 1 partition 1 time only (new HD drive C + D, I want to old hard disk C to new hard disk C ).
So now I'm tried to clone the "hidden" drive to new HD C first, then clone the old drive C to new HD drive C now.....
Wishing the second clone to new hd C won't overwrite the 1st clone la.....

Ok... it's overwrite everything while my second clone on new hd drive C.....

why use partition clone ? Ghost not support disc to disc ?

MBR is the first 512 bytes of the disk, not in any of the partitions, even if you clone partition 1,2,3,4   it doesn't mean that you clone your MBR.
and that "hidden" partition is probably your recovery partition

Thanks a lot for you guys help! Finally I have to delete/ move some files on my old HD, then I use EASEUS Todo Backup 1.1 to clone the entire old HD to the new one. Because this time I'm move a bigger HD to a smaller HD, so that's why I'm trying so hard to clone a partition only. But clearly I fail coz I didn't found any software yet to clone 2 partition together into a new HD partition (the boot file system and drive C ).
BTW, did anyone know how can I use ACHI in Win7? Coz I've check my bios setting and there's only "ATA" & "RAID" I can choose from the bios. Is that means my motherboard doesn't support ACHI?

回復 5# mfai

Just because I'm clone the disk from a bigger one 750G to 80G, so that's why I try so hard on partition to partition...

回復 6# icarus-c

I google and found out there's a hidden drive is call "system reserved" in front of the Drive C. Inside there's a boot manager file there which is use it for boot up to system.

回復 9# jerryjazz

at boot, BIOS would pass to MBR  after POST, and MBR will load the boot manager &  configuration stored in a partition