Intel Havendale/Auburndale canceled

Intel Scraps 45 nm Nehalem Dual-Core Chips, Plans Replacement
Grappling with a deteriorating world economy, and overstocked inventories with current-generation Core 2 platforms, Intel seems to have had a change of plans with regards to its dual-core Nehalem-derivatives. Company roadmaps originally pointed at two chips, codenamed Havendale and Auburndale to be the dual-core MCM implementations of the Nehalem architecture, for desktops and notebooks respectively. The "MCM" (multi-chip module) part comes to light in the way the chips were originally conceived: two dice on a package, one holding the CPU complex and the other holding the northbridge, consisting of a memory controller, PCI-Express root complex, and a graphics controller.

Theo Valich, noted industry commentator, in his latest blog post in Theo's Bright Side of IT, mentions that Intel scrapped Havendale and Auburndale in its conceived form. The two were set to make possible Intel Core i4 and i3 SKUs. Instead, Intel is working to push forward the launch of their common successor by six months: the Arandale core. Arandale features in the future series of Nehalem-derived processors to be built on the 32nm high-K silicon process, slated for 2010. Arandale from all that is known thus far is the dual-core Nehalem implementation on 32nm lithography, apart from speculation of it holding a higher amount of L3 cache: possibly 6 MB against 4 MB on the Havendale/Auburndale. The Arandale core was originally slated for "back to school" season, 2010 (around September~October). After rescheduling the launch, it could arrive by March.

轉貼自http://www.techpowerup.com/83704 ... ns_Replacement.html

咁大單新聞

其實我覺得core 2 duo 同quad 今年都仲有得玩

Xeon 版 core i7 遲遲未出都知發生咩事吧

原帖由 小零 於 2009-2-2 02:25 發表
其實我覺得core 2 duo 同quad 今年都仲有得玩

Xeon 版 core i7 遲遲未出都知發生咩事吧

所以今日入左粒q9550

原帖由 mh使者 於 2009-2-2 02:36 發表

所以今日入左粒q9550

有米到你ar
我由q9450 -> e2160

原帖由 小零 於 2-2-2009 02:18 AM 發表
Intel Scraps 45 nm Nehalem Dual-Core Chips, Plans Replacement
Grappling with a deteriorating world economy, and overstocked inventories with current-generation Core 2 platforms, Intel seems to have ha ...

睇黎 Intel 都幾多 Core 2 Stocking
不過係放棄 Havendale 推前 2010 年個粒 進化版 Core i7 "Lamdaberee

[ 本帖最後由 dom 於 2009-2-2 02:50 編輯 ]

原帖由 小零 於 2009-2-2 02:40 發表

有米到你ar
我由q9450 -> e2160

攪咩野?

唔怪得話 LGA775 重可以玩多兩年

原帖由 dom 於 2009-2-2 02:55 發表
唔怪得話 LGA775 重可以玩多兩年

其實咁都好啊 呢家用緊LGA775既用家個心會好受D 而且可以升級

原帖由 mh使者 於 2009-2-2 03:01 發表