MTV5000 Internal HDD Replacement

I followed what Wylie said and was able to replace the internal IDE HDD with another one.  It formatted fine and seemed to be working.

However, the system doesn't seem to recognize it upon power on from standby and would require I go thru the check and repair HDD function first.  The first time around  there is always an error 157 (or 127?) and then a second time the check HDD would go thru and the HDD is located.  But once I power down to standby and start again, the internal HDD is once again not recognized.

Does that mean I had more than a internal HDD failure?  There is something wrong with the MTV as well?

PS: External HDD works fine all thru this.

回覆 1# citibatter

1. If you use an IDE-to-SATA converter that did not come with MTV5000, it may not be stable.

2. Try another power supply with 4A output.

3. As a last resort, run it 7x24 and do not standby.

回覆  citibatter

1. If you use an IDE-to-SATA converter that did not come with MTV5000, it may not ...
wklie 發表於 2016-3-14 15:13

1.  It was a brand new Hitachi CinemaStar IDE 250G from my parts bin

2. Power Supply is 5A and just recently replaced

3.  I thought about that but that means my external HDD will  also be running 24 hours without a chance to power down.\

I would just replace it with a bigger SATA harddisk using the ESATA port. It works perfectly and the hdd can be kept nicely inside the case.

If your 5000 doesn't have the ESATA port, I suggest you check the partition again. It should work without having repair. And a physical scan may help to identify some errors .

本帖最後由 toylet 於 2016-3-14 19:11 編輯
I followed what Wylie said and was able to replace the internal IDE HDD with another one.  It format ... But once I power down to standby and start again, the internal HDD is once again not recognized....
citibatter 發表於 14/3/2016 14:40

Give the MTV5000 a really blank hard disk!
Use Linux or whatever tool, dd/erase the first 2 Kbytes of the hard disk!
(All boot records, master boot record, partition table and any existing partitions )

Just checked again, the error is 127.

Also confirm that after a hard reboot, the internal HDD reappears.

Give the MTV5000 a really blank hard disk!
Use Linux or whatever tool, dd/erase the first 2 Kbytes  ...
toylet 發表於 2016-3-14 19:08

That's going to be hard to do because I do not have any computer that uses IDE...

That's going to be hard to do because I do not have any computer that uses IDE...
citibatter 發表於 14/3/2016 23:44

No further comment!