MTV intermittent NTFS driver problem?

Have switched to MTV8000 since last year and noticed one issue.  All my external HDDs are in NTFS format and while they are still healthy (by SMART standards) in seldom cases they cannot be recognised by the MTV...

When that happens MTV displays a message saying the format cannot be recognised and that the HDD needs to be reformatted; however when diagnosed with chkdsk /f the HDD in question has no problem whatsoever

Switching off and on the MTV may not solve the issue.  Only by switching off the MTV via hard switch then switching back on for a fresh reboot would solve the issue, after which the HDDs concerned can be recognised and read properly again...

A call to PM's CS yielded no help at all.  The help desk simply said this cannot be helped, that the use is suggested to format the ext HDD in ext2/3 etc., and that PM will not (and cannot) do anything further to improve the system FW......

So the question is, are embedded drivers like the NTFS driver not stable depending on FW?  I don't seem to recall similar issue when using the MTV7000 (before upgrading to the 8000)......

are embedded drivers like the NTFS driver not stable depending on FW?  I don't seem to recall similar issue when using the MTV7000 (before upgrading to the 8000)......
anon893 發表於 2019-7-26 13:56

Both models use the exact same version of NTFS.

Please do not use USB docking, and try a different USB port on the Magic TV.

Both models use the exact same version of NTFS.

Please do not use USB docking, and try a differen ...
wklie 發表於 2019-7-26 02:29 PM

Not USB docking, but 2.5" enclosured HDD (self built)

BTW tried the other USB port when problem occured; same result
In the end, had to go the hard switch route to reset/reboot the system

本帖最後由 wklie 於 2019-7-26 16:01 編輯

Please do not use USB enclosure.  (Docking = enclosure)

The symptom described in post #1 is exactly how a non-original USB HDD may behave.  An original USB HDD (e.g. WD) has to be used.

Please do not use USB enclosure.  (Docking = enclosure)

The symptom described in post #1 is exactly ...
wklie 發表於 2019-7-26 03:45 PM

Why is that so?
And besides, many "original" ext HDDs are also SATA HDDs with SATA./USB bridge chipsets......