HomePlug or Wireless ?

because of location, it cannot install the network by cable directly. I want to use wireless or homeplug. Usage - not for game,  only view homepage - TV. or searching....   
I have following config.  Pls comments. Thanks  CHing.

Plan A ).  Using LEA home plug -  no RF issue.
http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewt ... &extra=page%3D4

Plan B). Using Linksys - WRT54GC
Pls suggest the model for Computer side, Client,  for using WiFi.

1/. Which one will be better or stable ?
2/. How much for each plan?

原帖由 SDRAM 於 2008-12-26 12:30 發表
because of location, it cannot install the network by cable directly. I want to use wireless or homeplug. Usage - not for game,  only view homepage - TV. or searching....   
I have following config.   ...

homeplugs r generally more stable but expensive than wi-fi devices.

however, wi-fi will be stable and fast too depends on the how they r positioned and the signal strength.

so, better provide some info about ur location going to setup those stuffs.

Thanks EOS.

ISP - HKBN (basic plan)
location of network :  "dinning room".
Computer               :  Sleeping room.
廉租屋.  No wall between them...    

Will LEA homeplug  be faster than Linksys. WRT54GC ?

原帖由 SDRAM 於 2008-12-26 20:15 發表
Thanks EOS.

ISP - HKBN (basic plan)
location of network :  "dinning room".
Computer               :  Sleeping room.
廉租屋.  No wall between them...    

Will LEA homeplug  be faster than Li ...

basic plan = 10M ? if then, most models of Wi-Fi G gears or Turbo homeplugs in the market will suffice for ur situation.

a set of G router + client ~$3xx up and a set of 85M homeplugs ~ $5xx. Wi-Fi G wins in speed while Turbo homplug wins in stability, thought, the differnece is not huge.

thanks EOS,
Do u have suggestion for Client ?  I would like to use Linksys Wireless router.

原帖由 SDRAM 於 2008-12-26 21:32 發表
thanks EOS,
Do u have suggestion for Client ?  I would like to use Linksys Wireless router.

welcome, most ppl believe that PCI client will be more stable and have better peformance for desktop PC than the USB client and same brand of devices can minimize incompatibility issues.

I choice wireless

I installed both of them.
1) You need to make sure the electric in your home is not "3 phase" power in order to use homeplug, 3 phase is mainly used in 村屋
2) The performance will be affected if you have many 拖蘇, and remember homeplug must never plug into that.
3) Some cheap homeplug will easily hangs, especially Aztech... I bought the panasonic one from one ching here, you can search for that.
Hope this can help you.

[ 本帖最後由 yttang 於 2008-12-27 00:31 編輯 ]

Homeplug用落都算穩定,雖然果200Mbps打哂折頭,不過Windows兩部機copy files都有5, 6MB/s,都收貨啦。我有個有BB的friend佢將屋企D wifi換哂做Homeplug,佢話會安心D,有冇影響我真係唔知。

Thanks all Ching.
廉租屋 - no way to have 3phase supply.
I am checking the sockets for internet outlet and computer whether belongs to same MCB or not.

Why I consider the homeplug is RF issue.  In my home, other place, I have disabled the WiFi and using cable connect to other computer.

If I use WiFi, I will switch on only necessary....