Will you guys buy the Xoom 3G or will you get Xoom 2 in 2 months?

Motorola Hong Kong will release the 3G version of Motorola Xoom in a couple of days.

We also know that Motorola USA is planning to release the Motorola Xoom 2 in August.   

Xoom 2 will be based on the Nvidia Quad Core Tegra 3 chipset.    I am also hearing that it will have LTE/HSDPA+ Support.

So what will you guys do?  Buy the Xoom anyway just to play with something and then upgrade to Xoom 2 later or will you just save your money and get Xoom 2 later?  Or do you plan on waiting for Xoom 2 to release and then get the Xoom one at near half price?

What are your thoughts on this?

Motorola Hong Kong will release the 3G version of Motorola Xoom in a couple of days.

We also know t ...
The Dude 發表於 2011-6-3 12:28

Is it Xoom selling 48xx something right now ?
In my opinion, I will wait for the samsung new tablet.

Motorla HK marketing is crazy, it selling Xoom 5xxx something when it launch, I dont expect it will selling Xoom 2 in a reasonable price.

By my side, I would like to buy xoom 3G, it's much convenient in 3G networking for my works

我都想試下部xoom

Using iPad2 now and wait for the xoom2.

I believe LTE speed is going to be like using Wifi at home.   Where the download speed can be about 15mb/S or so which will be excellent for watching HD videos in Youtube without buffering.

Gone are the days where we watch HD videos in Youtube with buffering.   Load video and then wait "Buffering" and then continue and then wait "Buffering" and then continue and then wait "Buffering".

Time to move on with the times and leave 3G behind for something better and faster.   

Motorola Hong Kong will not release the LTE fast but I am sure that when the stock releases in USA, it will be available in HOng Kong as parallel import a few days later.   

CSL told me that if we have a device with LTE support then we can use their network without problems.  So I am just waiting for the Xoom 2 to release and then I will upgrade my 1010 Next G (21mb/S) service to 100mb/S LTE and enjoy the speed boost.   

If Xoom 2 was not releasing so soon, I would have got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9" 3G which is also releasing soon.  Now I rather get Tegra 3 with Quad Core for the same price.  

I wonder if Quadrant score for Tegra 3 will be 5xxx or something?

I believe LTE speed is going to be like using Wifi at home.   Where the download speed can be about  ...
The Dude 發表於 2011-6-3 14:33

得水貨咪又係貴到hi hi
香港冇network Xoom 2 都只係一部好勁ge wifi 機
等xoom 2 香港行貨? 快極都出年la
HK motorola is suck

i think xoom 2 won't be available till end of year

依家tegra2又不是不好用,其實睇片玩app都足夠有餘
不如玩tegra2 等tegra4好過

i think xoom 2 won't be available till end of year
umvue 發表於 2011-6-3 15:34

Only HK version will release that late.  US version will be available.

I am not sure if you know that Xoom was available in Feb  2011 (Verizion 3G).   Then later in April the wifi model released in USA and the middle of May in Hong Kong.

So the Xoom 2 will be released by Verizon and also by AT&T because in July AT&T's LTE service will be ready.