[Windows 7] question about windows 10 upgrade and restore windows 7

if I follow the back up method of this page
https://support.microsoft.com/zh-tw/help/2138292
and store the back up file to my second hard disk.

Then I upgrade my windows 7 to Window 10, if I don't like win10 and want to go back win7,

Can I restore  windows 7  and games from steam at once?
It keep using my  same windows 7 password  ?

thanks

回覆 1# ujoy
One thing for sure: any W7 that has been restored from W10 upgrade may sustain corruption to certain extent, and in serious cases, a reinstall is required

The safest method of experiencing W10 is to back up any existing W7 partition using ghost or similar methods...
This way, if even your restored W7 partition gets corrupted, you still have the clean ghost backup to use

Simply using the default system restore could be a very dangerous move

用MS個system image backup係最好嘅方法去保留你個Win7系統,如果你所有games都安裝在 C:,咁當你 restore 個 Win7 image 去 C: 嘅時候,會係同你做 backup 時一模一樣,所有嘢無變的。

如果你用 Win10 roll back Win7個方法,通常都會搞到一鑊粥咁。。。

回覆 2# anon893

thanks, I've concern the partition problem,  I won't change my partitions on my first hard disk.
Hoping nothing will happen on the MBR.

用MS個system image backup係最好嘅方法去保留你個Win7系統,如果你所有games都安裝在 C:,咁當你 restore  ...
Leeahye2 發表於 5/7/2017 19:24

thanks a lot , if I use MS個system image backup. Can I restore the windows to a new hard disk (May be with different(larger) size and not yet partitioned ?

for windows system backup, i would only trust Macrium Reflect.  And the free version is already good enough for restoring any version of Windows.

thanks a lot , if I use MS個system image backup. Can I restore the windows to a new hard disk ...
ujoy 發表於 2017-7-6 12:02

可以用其它 HDD、SSD 都得,唔好細過你原本個 C: 實際嘅已用 size 就得,我經驗係唔使預先做 partition同 format,用 Windows 碟 boot 機揀 restore image 咁上下,然後揀 HDD就得。

回覆 7# Leeahye2

thanks

回覆 6# pc1668

thanks,