WIN XP同LINUX

聽講話可以2個OC都裝哂
但係我裝LINUX(UBUNTU)果時要裝係一個DRIVE
入面D野會唔會格式化哂?

原帖由 珊珊堯堯 於 2008-12-28 12:25 發表
聽講話可以2個OC都裝哂
入面D野會唔會格式化哂?

I suggest you to run Live CD/DVD before installing it.  If you satisfied with Ubuntu, you can consider to install it.  Live CD/DVD can run from the DVD-ROM without installation.  Make the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD-ROM and run it.

You can try my remastered version of Ubuntu namely Lambda Linux at http://www.samiux.com

Enjoy!

原帖由 samiux 於 2008-12-28 12:39 發表

I suggest you to run Live CD/DVD before installing it.  If you satisfied with Ubuntu, you can consider to install it.  Live CD/DVD can run from the DVD-ROM without installation.  Make the BIOS to bo ...

姐係果個係試用?
如果我覺得岩用
都係果個問題
我個DRIVE會唔會冇哂D野先?

原帖由 珊珊堯堯 於 2008-12-28 12:50 發表

姐係果個係試用?
如果我覺得岩用
都係果個問題
我個DRIVE會唔會冇哂D野先?

Up to how you install Ubuntu onto your Windows box.  Look and think carefully during the installation.

原帖由 珊珊堯堯 於 2008-12-28 12:25 發表
聽講話可以2個OC都裝哂
入面D野會唔會格式化哂?

如果你已裝有XP, 用d間partition軟件 (如PartitionMagic) 縮小windows drive既partition, 餘留一d空間。到安裝ubuntu 問你安裝去邊果陣選自己間partition, 你會見到「未分配空間」, 咁就可以將ubuntu裝去果度

當然執行依個步驟要好小心, 唔好揀錯partition, 最好亦backup 資料, 正常來說ubuntu會自動幫你安裝grub boot loader及寫入mbr, 就可以XP+LINUX dual boot

[ 本帖最後由 kevin8o8 於 2008-12-28 21:02 編輯 ]

Assuming that your computer has already installed with windows.  you could install ubuntu
a).  within the window OS.  Just run the ubuntu CD within the window.  And ubuntu just an image within windows  or
b).  While you are in ubuntu LiveCD, it allows you to create a usb bootable stick.  It is actually the image of the LiveCD but allows you to have your writeable space in USB stick so that you can keep your modification of ubuntu and your data  or
c).  new installation to your PC, can coexist with your windows.  During the hard disk partition phase, NEVER select the 1st option, which will overwrite everything, as you are worrying.
Just select the last option which is the 'manually' selection.

If you have latest PC with ram > 4G, you could use ubuntu 64bit version.  The generic one are for greater compatibility ranging from i386 and up.

原帖由 kevin8o8 於 2008-12-28 21:01 發表

如果你已裝有XP, 用d間partition軟件 (如PartitionMagic) 縮小windows drive既partition, 餘留一d空間。到安裝ubuntu 問你安裝去邊果陣選自己間partition, 你會見到「未分配空間」, 咁就可以將ubuntu裝去果度 ...

partition 前最好 run 一次 defragment

原帖由 erickleung 於 2008-12-29 01:10 發表
Assuming that your computer has already installed with windows.  you could install ubuntu
a).  within the window OS.  Just run the ubuntu CD within the window.  And ubuntu just an image within window ...

其實我係明有幾個方法
我要既係(a)
感佢會比我揀裝係是但一個drive
但係我裝左會唔會搞到個drive d野洗哂先?
因為我根本冇哂位backup

其實唔想麻煩的話
可以試試wubi

原帖由 KinChungE 於 2008-12-29 01:40 發表
其實唔想麻煩的話
可以試試wubi

wubi又係咩呢?