Smplayer for Linux in Lenovo S9

I have downloaded the codecs and tried to put it into usr/lib/codecs or /usr/lib/mplayer. Both of them does not work for playing rmvb. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.

To playback RMVB file, I suggest you to install Realplayer for Linux to have a better support.

which distro are you using? they each have their own way to get around that (the codec should be wrapped up in a certain package, just with a different name for different distro...hehee) and i am quite sure the forum or howto of your distro should carry an answer for that :]

回覆 3# 的帖子

I am not sure what is distro. I think it is Linpus Linux Lite. And, I am using the codecs of "Linux x86 20071007" from Mplayer's website.

原帖由 Room18hk 於 2009-3-12 23:32 發表
I have downloaded the codecs and tried to put it into usr/lib/codecs or /usr/lib/mplayer. Both of them does not work for playing rmvb. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.

1. Try another directory "/usr/lib/win32"
2. Have you tried all codec packages ??? Actually , I forgot the actual name but there should be something like that .

回覆 4# 的帖子

Try installing
all-20071007.tar.bz2
from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/
The site also contains codecs specifically for rmbv, but I've never used them.
Good luck!

回覆 6# 的帖子

To play safe, please advise which directory should be used.
1. /usr/lib/codecs
2./usr/lib/mplayer
3/ To create a directory under Mplayer as mentioned on (2)

回覆 7# 的帖子

How did you install mplayer and smplayer?

If you compiled mplayer yourself then take a look at the README file. It tells you where you should put the codecs. I think it is /usr/local/lib/codecs.

If mplayer and smplayer come with the distribution you are using then I don't know where the codecs are. I hope the following way may be used to find out. Some codecs should already be installed on your computer. One of them is probably divx.dll. Try to find which directory contains it. If you can, then that is the directory you want.

I don't know whether after installing new codecs you need to recompile mplayer. Perhaps an expert could let us know.