Asus xonar Essense STX, does it over my needs?

Today i use 64 bit vista, so can't find the chinese input

Back to my question hope brothers to answer...

My AMD 8450 with a Gigabyte 780 motherboard, 4Gig Ram , with onboard display only (no graphic card)

So. now, i decide to build it into a Hi Fi  music and movie system to watch 1080P movie.

First of all, i have 2 questions:

i don't play 3d games at all, what kind of graphic card i need that can really be smooth to play 1080p ? (i found onboard playing 1080p is not too smooth during fast motion in movie.

2.  Music !
I used to plug the "S/PDIF f" into the 3-year-old ONKYO amplifier.  When i plug the optic S/PDIF from the 780 onboard to the ONKYO, the sound is not Good at all, listening diana krall becomes Diana Hell.  

So, now, if i buy Asus xonar Essense STX, does it satisfy my needs for movie dynamic sound and music.  But is that already over my need ?

Alternatively, should I just buy "Xoner HDAVI1.3 HDMI" so i can save money not to buy a new display card for 1080P movie?

Sound exciting to build new system again :) hee hee.

thanks!, please share your opinion and your value suggestion!!

don,t think  Asus xonar Essense STX is good for digital out card

Brother, please advice me what should i buy for very good digital out card pls :)

you can take a look at this post, also you may consider coaxial output...
http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewt ... &extra=page%3D2

I suspect that whether the Hardware Decode is configured well or not.
jessicacare, do you checked your CPU usage while playing HD movie? Is it lower than 25% mostly?

the cpu usage is around 30% , not so normal

Yes, 7 Ming you are right. I may use your brother's suggestion for "perfect code" or power DVD program to try try.  thanks 7 Ming for your comment : )

The most worried thing is I have to decide what sound card i needed to buy... my amplifier is onkyo 605 (old but quite satisfy),  the front and center speaker are around $13000 bought in 3 years ago.  so I need to decide what sound card i should buy in these two days.

Should I buy:
Asus xonar Essense STX,
or
Xoner HDAVI1.3 HDMI

If you have HDMI 1.3 AV receiver, go for HDAV1.3.
If you don't, definitely go for Essence STX.

I believe RME or EMU are more for pro-recording, and will be over kill or waste of your investiemnts. I mean, do you need 4 channel recording? or 8 channel recording?

Plus Xonar cards all have Dolby Digital Live, which is NOT found on RME and EMU.

Dolby Digital Live encodes gaming 5.1 into AC-3 via digita out, they even have Dolby Prologic IIx, which is NOT found on EMU and RME either.

[ 本帖最後由 lovexonar 於 2009-3-25 17:13 編輯 ]

回覆 7# 的帖子

thank for your comments! You enlighten my purchase.
So, i will narrow my purchase only on Asus..

BTW, you guys opinion, if i have a $1800 budget, should I buy :
Plan A: Buy a Asus xonar Essense STX for $1250, and buy a Crossfire ATI card 4650 around $400

Plan B, buy a Xoner HDAVI1.3 HDMI for $1700

(i don't have a HDMI AV1.3 receiver yet :) ), but i plan to buy a SANYO Z700 HDMI projector for $13000.

Sound very exciting!

原帖由 jessicacare 於 2009-3-25 18:14 發表
thank for your comments! You enlighten my purchase.
So, i will narrow my purchase only on Asus..

BTW, you guys opinion, if i have a $1800 budget, should I buy :
Plan A: Buy a Asus xonar Essense STX  ...

Please remember that not all the sound card and projector support separate frame and sound (聲畫分離)
In this case, you must need an amp