IDD calls to US, Canada and UK using prepaid SIM card?

本帖最後由 luke123 於 2019-3-11 15:23 編輯

Hi

Any CHing using a prepaid SIM card to make IDD calls to US, Canada and UK?

Any prepaid SIM card suggestion for IDD purposes, with decent quality and inexpensive rates?

Thanks.

Hi

Any CHing using a prepaid SIM card to make IDD calls to US, Canada and UK?

Any prepaid SIM card ...
luke123 發表於 2019-3-11 15:05

以前用 hangouts 美加免費,依家好似都係

via HKEPC IR Pro 3.5.1 - iOS(2.4.1)

呢張儲值卡打idd 都幾平吖

https://1cm.hk.chinamobile.com/o ... 1184&lang=zh_hk

if you don't really need another sim card. You can try "wechat out" within wechat. It seems to work pretty ok for me when I call the UK. However, I try calling a lycra UK mobile number once  and I could not get through.

Also, far as I can tell, the account value doesn't seem to have an expiry day. If I remember correctly, I used google play money to pay into it 2 years ago.

The minimum top up value is HKD 8. So you can always give it a try to see if it suits your needs.

Calling rates per minute according to wechat.

UK -     $0.07 landline     $0.2 mobile
US -     $0.07 landline     $0.07 mobile
Canada - $0.07 landline     $0.07 mobile

用 Google Voice 號碼打美加免費

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.

Can we in HK use a VPN service to obtain a Google Voice account and use it to call US?

本帖最後由 echen 於 2019-3-12 20:32 編輯

回覆 6# luke123

Not sure vpn can work but I created few new google account with simple password and buy google voice account in Taobao (they will have vpn or solid US line no.) after account created then I changed back password.  (these accounts only for google voice not for any other usage)

but seems the normal google account login hangsout is ok for calling and no need google voice account? (voice account with us telephone no. only)

回覆  luke123

Not sure vpn can work but I created few new google account with simple password and  ...
echen 發表於 2019-3-12 20:27

Very clear. Thanks.