Can you pay more to upgrade graphics card warranty ?

Hello

The average warranty for graphics card ~ 3 years in hk. Can I pay a little more to upgrade warranty to 5 years ??

I always thought less warranty = something wrong with product. Am I wrong ?

You can pay more (sometimes, less money) to buy a brand provide longer warranty peirod. (~~ sorry I dont know which brand provide longer warranty on the market)

But, for a company confident to provide longer warranty, their quality is good. (but not essentially better than the others)

You should come here more to get advise and comment on different brand and model of cards.

所謂一人計短, 二人計長

Hello

The average warranty for graphics card ~ 3 years in hk. Can I pay a little more to upgrade w ...
ironmonkey 發表於 2010-5-4 20:45

I think in computer gear market, less warranty =/= worse products, more warranty =/= better product

long warranty from a bad distributor is meaningless, short warranty from a good service distributor is not much better,

the 3 years warranty from hornington seems like a good deal, the brands(asus/MSI/EVGA) they carry are great, and I tried their service centre at KT, not bad either.  (but their largest showroom in SSP is rubbish, the male sales are really bad attitude and the poor service is comparable to 3C's worst sales, hard to imagine such large distributor has such poor trained sales at their showroom)

Zotac has 5 years, but never tried their service.

本帖最後由 ironmonkey 於 2010-5-5 00:58 編輯

Thats some great insight. Thanks alot.

I always thought longer warranty is a measure of manufacturer's confidence in the product. Sounds like I should avoid SSP for graphics warranty at all cost.