ATi Eyefinity: DP > SL-DVI dongle (~USD 30) 有冇人見過

Want to play triple monitor but non support DP. DP>DL dongle is too expensive (HK$800). Anyone has seen DP>SL dongle in Hong Kong computer center? HSI and Sapphire should have produced it earlier this month.

http://www.hisdigital.com/hk/news_show-131.shtml

呢款dongle應該做唔到Eyefinity 3/6顯示的效果,Dual Display都還可以...

The HIS website says it is active so theoretical it should support 3 monitor. I really want to be the guinea pig and post the result here if this dongle is available in HK.
btw, I am using 5770 so 3 is my limit.

AMD的官方資料,要用到3螢幕輸出,其中一個接口需要DP或者DP的Active轉頭

What's the difference between active DisplayPort dongles and passive DisplayPort dongles?
Passive dongles use the DisplayPort connection to receive non-DP signaling from the connector and they 'passively' adjust the signals to be compliant with the connected monitor. Passive dongles are considered legacy connections, not DisplayPort connections, therefore they do not fulfill the DisplayPort connection requirement mentioned previously and cannot be used to enable 3 or more displays. However, they offer an affordable solution to connect legacy displays onto DisplayPort connections.

Active dongles use true DisplayPort signaling to 'actively' translate and re-transmit the signals as the required outputs. Because they use the true DisplayPort signaling, they are considered a DisplayPort connection and meet the requirements to enable 3 or more displays.

DisplayPort to DL-DVI dongles require an external power supply which is usually through a separate USB connection (the USB connection must meet the USB 'high power' specification).

HIS 稱那 dongle 是 Active 的

"this new dongle allows the owners of HIS HD 5000 series to use DisplayPort to a DVI-Enabled HDTV, monitor or projector. Additionally, the dongle enables ATI Eyefinity multiple-display, which supports up to 6 displays"

Am I missing something?

HK 有得賣的
呢款可以俾你行到eyefinity的
同$800 個隻主要分別係呢隻係 single link dvi,最高只可出1920,而唔可以好似dual link 咁出 2560

請問師兄嚮邊間鋪見過?

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

唔需要用Active dongles----除非行Eyefinity 時你駁DVI, HDMI 果d mon 要出2560x1440
出3個1920x1200 or l ...
s 發表於 2010-9-26 19:17

如果3個mon都冇DP就要active dongle

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽