small question on putting live cd to usb drive

there's a ".disk" folder in the live cd iso

but when I extract in ubuntu to the usb drive, why this ".disk" folder cannot be created?

should I manually create this folder and extract that 3 files inside to usb drive?

and....I am using syslinux now
do I need to ....
1. rename isolinux folder to syslinux?
2. put initrd.gz and vmlinuz to root folder?
3. what else do I need to do for the usb drive to be bootable?

thx all

Maybe you could try this instead of doing it manually...

Universal Netboot Installer

Can make USB key bootable from either iso file or download the selected distribution for you.

TOP

原帖由 foobar 於 2008-11-27 16:35 發表
Maybe you could try this instead of doing it manually...

Universal Netboot Installer

Can make USB key bootable from either iso file or download the selected distribution for you.

thx, this time it works

but I remember when I am in windows, it seems doesn't work

TOP